We need a name! In order for us to sign up for any events, we have to put down a group name. So, let's brainstorm together!!

Mike suggested an acronym of sorts, which I think is a great idea. I've been trying to think of a good one but I'm short on words.

Here's what I've been brainstorming:

Something like "Reach Atheist" or "Reaching Atheist" and having it stand for something like...

REACHING...
Across
To
Help
Everyone
In
S
T/M

...and I'm stuck on the last 2 letters lol.

Any ideas? Any other suggestions? This is the first step we need to take before volunteering.

Discuss....

Views: 100

Replies to This Discussion

ACORN?  Atheist Community OutReach Network

There's another ACORN that has a stigma attached.  :-( 

I like it but you are correct. It does have a stigma attached to it. hmmm....I def like the OutReach Network part. Maybe we can still use that with a different acronym somehow.
Call yourself Dixie Atheists? (I've never even been to SC, it was just what immediately popped in my head.)
LOL, you can tell you've never been to the south. I hate the word "dixie" and I usually see it accompanied with racist shirts. It's still used a lot around here but I personally think it needs to stop.
I'm trying to think. I couldn't come up with anything other than Mike's ACORN using the outreach network. I think we should keep it state-wide since there may be opportunities in other parts of the state.

dang, I'm not good with acronyms.
Maybe just something simple like H.A.L.L. Happy Atheist Living Life. Idk. Just a thought. It's less threatening to other people because it says were normal.

if we're still interested in using -ORN, here's a cool one that kind of fits the atheist ideals

earthborn

Definitions of earthborn
a. - Born of the earth; terrigenous; springing originally from the earth; human. 2
a. - Relating to, or occasioned by, earthly objects.

How about SAVOR? 

Southern

Atheist

Volunteer

Out

Reach

I like both 'earthborn' and 'savor'!! What does everyone else think?
Howdy.  :-)  My eyes skipped down to the acronym and saw "Rat Heist" before I saw what it was supposed to be.  SAVOR was good, though.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Upstate SC on the move!

Started by Alex Zygmunt. Last reply by Katie Mac - Upstate Atheists May 26, 2013. 2 Replies

HOG- Animal Rescue Weekends!

Started by Scarlette Blues. Last reply by Scarlette Blues Jun 14, 2011. 6 Replies

Time's a-wastin!

Started by Mike Rosier. Last reply by Scarlette Blues May 15, 2011. 2 Replies

Name for our group

Started by Scarlette Blues. Last reply by scLovely Jun 2, 2011. 15 Replies

SC Atheists Meet-up @ Riverbanks Zoo

Started by Scarlette Blues. Last reply by scLovely Apr 5, 2011. 3 Replies

Blog Posts

Yes ATHEIST

Posted by ETRON on September 6, 2019 at 12:44pm 0 Comments

© 2021   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service