I am compiling a list of books I want to read over the next year. I thought it would be fun to collaborate and learn from each other about this. 

What books are you currently reading or want to read soon?

What are your favorite books? (all genres)

And of course....do you know of any "deals" to watch out for, especially anything that would save money (besides the library, duh!)

Thanks!

I'll start...next up for me: http://www.burrus.com/flash-foresight-by-daniel-burrus/

Flash Foresight by Daniel Burrus...I gotta have that book, lol!

Views: 214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found the true story of "The Boys in the Boat," by Daniel James Brown inspiring.  Well-written, well-paced, and it succeeds in making the ostensibly boring sport of rowing exciting.  For one thing, unlike baseball, you have to be in superb physical condition to do it.  In fact, probably no sport demands more Herculean effort from as many different muscles than rowing.  In a larger sense, it demonstrates how essential dedication and effort are for success in any of life's endeavors.  

I'm about halfway through "Going Clear", the book about Scientology that was made into the HBO documentary. So far, really good.

Not sure I have favorite books beyond the Hitchhiker's series, LotR, and GoT, but here are a few that I've read recently and highly recommend:

Devil in the White City, about 19th century serial killer HH Holmes

The Martian, about an astronaut stranded on Mars after an accident

The Blooding, about the first murder investigation to use DNA

RSS

© 2021   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service