One of my dreams in life was to have my own magazine. For years I toiled with what to make a magazine about. After a few false starts, I've finally come up with a concept for a magazine.
I want a magazine by and for atheists, free thinkers, humanists, and sprinkle it with some tech and nerdy stuff. After stumbling upon this website, I've realized that we atheists need as many outlets to broadcast the issues and causes we stand behind as we can get. I would like this magazine to be yet another way to share our ideas and show support for the community. Here are some things I'd like to put in this magazine:
1. Op/Ed articles: I've read enough blog posts and discussions on this site to know that we have lots of people who are talented writers and have lots to say. Putting those posts into a magazine for more people to read will help show the diversity of ideas and views in our community.2. Atheist Advice column: For those of us who are having trouble coming to terms with atheism, and need advice on how to handle their families, friends, etc.
3. Humor: Original jokes, cartoons, etc. about atheism, science, tech, etc.4. Historical pieces: For those of you that like history from an atheistic point of view.
5. Artwork: Original works of art and photography by atheists
6. Tech and Science: gadget reviews, discussions on new scientific discoveries, even video game reviews.
7. Women of Atheism: What better way to pay respect and showcase billions of years of evolutionary progress by including some really hot atheist chicks?
MagCloud.com offers a magazine publishing service that allows publishers print paper copies of magazines as well as digital distribution. It's free to publish, and the magazines are sold online. I'd like to start out small, maybe 20 pages, and offer both distribution options. If the magazine does well, I'd even offer payment for submissions. Ad space would also be an option, and if ads are sold, I'd make the magazine free. I would also donate a percentage of the earnings to this site and periodically donate to various atheist causes.
Would anyone be interested in contributing to this? I know that this site is full of writers, artists, people from various educational backgrounds, and people who can peacefully and respectively debate the issues of the day without relying on troll tactics. If you are interested in contributing, send me a message. Maybe include some writing samples, or links to your artwork or photos. I finally know what I want to make my magazine about, and I hope there are some of you interested in this so I can fulfill my dream and help out the great people on this site in spreading the importance of free thinking, learning about the world around us, helping out our species...and checking out hot girls.