Sunday Morning Service
31 MAY 2009
Why People Believe Invisible Agents Control the World
- "Souls, spirits, ghosts, gods, demons, angels, aliens, intelligent designers, government conspirators, and all manner of invisible agents with power and intention are believed to haunt our world and control our lives. Why?" By Michael Shermer.
Wikipedia Bans Scientologists
- Wikipedia has banned all IP addresses owned or operated by the Church of Scientology. "Contributors" from the organization have continuously changed Wikipedia entries to add pro-Scientology views, and remove any negative information regarding Scientology. A Wikipedia comity decided this jeopardized their neutral stance and banned the group from contributing.
Animals 'can tell right from wrong': Scientists suggest it's not just humans who have morals
- "Animals have a sense of morality and can tell right from wrong, according to new research. Species ranging from mice to wolves are governed by similar codes of conduct as humans, say ecologists."
How to spot a hidden religious agenda
- I posted
on this article back in February because it was pulled from New Scientist
; its recently been reinstated, so I thought I would point it out again.
Things on T|A You Might Have Missed from the Last Week
Religion is like a Football Team
- When described in basic terms, the characteristics of football are the same as religion. Check out this article by Liam.
Supernaturalism is like a rolodex full of blank cards
- by Jim Valentine. Check your rolodex, do you have any blank entries left?
Conversed with a Priest at the Gas Pumps
- Dan shares a cool story from a recent run-in with a Priest.
- Morgan posted NonStampCollector's latest.