Sunday Morning Service
22 MAR 2009
Links of Interest
The Reagan Doctrine
- an article written by Isaac Asimov and published in 1981. An interesting read in which Asimov responds to comments by Ronald Reagan regarding the Soviets. One of Reagan's more inflammatory statements being "No one who disbelieves in God and in an afterlife can possibly be trusted." After the article is a transcript from an interview with Asimov in 1982; also well worth a read.
Scholar Claims Dead Sea Scrolls 'Authors' Never Existed
- A scholar at Jerusalem's Hebrew University says "Sixty years of research have been wasted trying to find the Essenes in the scrolls, but they didn't exist. This is legend on a legend." Her theory is that they were authored by a group of priests banished from the Temple of Jerusalem, know as sons of Zadok.
Pastor Gets Caught Lying for Jesus
- Dan Florien of Unreasonable Faith catches and calls out pastor Chris Fox (of Kendalls Baptist Church in New London, North Carolina) for posing as an atheist while trolling online.
Things on T|A You Might Have Missed from the Last Week
The God of Abraham, Isaac and... Islam?
- Cara discusses the fact often ignored by religious groups; that judaism, christianity, and islam all draw from the same origins and the same god.
Lots of Posts About the Pope's Condom Comments
- Two blogs
by SarahJenny, one
by SuzyQ, one
by Johnny, one
by Misty, and one
by Sophie (regarding the abortion debacle in Brazil).
Religion's Ultimate Sin - Childhood Indoctrination
- SabreNation shares a harrowing confrontation with a relative about religious influence and his children. Following the story is an excellent article about children's cognitive development; and how religion exploits the most vulnerable time in that development.