Sunday Morning Service
03 MAY 2009
Links of Interest
How it Happened
- A humorous take on how Isaac Asimov thought the book of Genesis might
have actually started.
Telegraph Caught Lying For Jesus
- The Telegraph article titled "Atheists target UK schools
" takes aim at the National Federation of Atheist, Humanist and Secular Student Societies (AHS
), and claims the federation's goals are "to encourage students to lobby their schools and local authorities over what is taught in [religious education] lessons and to call for daily acts of collective worship to be scrapped. It wants the societies to hold talks and educational events to persuade students not to believe in God.
" The Telegraph is pathetically far-off from the truth.
Magnetic Fields & Time Travel
- Blogger Andrew 'Bef' Milne notes that "My recent experiences have shown that Creationists will believe pretty much anything, so long as it’s not vaguely scientific or logical.
" Check out his post about calling the Word of Faith Christian Center.
Making a Religion
- Geoff Mather relates a story about a philosophical discussion with a friend. A really great and simplistic theory on how a religion could start.
Things on T|A You Might Have Missed from the Last Week
Atheist Funeral Arrangements
- Michel asks how you want yours arranged. Some don't like thinking about this subject; but it seems plenty here are willing to respond. And I think I see a trend in the responses.
What is an Atheist Supposed to Look Like?
- Angel describes the reaction of a young boy when she informs him that she is an atheist.
Yahweh's Perfect Justice
- Morgan posted two more of NonStampCollector's videos.