So, I have started listening to the Audio Quran, since I have never read it before, and I have decided to keep a running journal of the lessons I can take away from it.
So far, 2 chapters in (roughly 2 hours) this is what I have learned.
- Fasting wards off evil.
- The longer you fast, the more healthy you will be.
- Slay all disbelievers, until religion is for Allah.
- Don't eat pork.
- Give your money for Allah.
- Lots of reasons to be killed.
- No angry conversation on the pilgrimage, or you will be killed.
- If you don't believe in Allah, from the start, he will make sure you never believe, and you will go to hell.
- If you pretend to believe, you will go to hell.
- Don't marry idolaters, instead burn them.
- Menstruation is an illness.
- Your women are yours to fuck however and whenever you want.
- Men are a degree above women.
- Mothers must breast feed their child for 2 years.
- Warnings of thought crime.
- Convoluted divorce process.
- Allah killed a bunch of people, then resurrected them to show them how awesome he is.
- Unbelievers need to go to hell.
- Allah causes the sun to rise and set.
- Allah made a guy die 100 years, and then brought him back to life to prove a point.
- Something about palm trees and fiery whirlwinds.
- If you don't believe, beware of war from Allah and his messenger.