This is from my blog at http://jackrussell8888.blogspot.com
Ready to fry some Christian's brains.
I love de-converting folks. Remember, the most powerful and fastest way to deconvert is not to argue, but to agree, but mess with their minds. Especially, to get them thinking and having to go directly to the bible themselves. Remember, the bible is the biggest ally is getting a deconversion to happen.
Ask 99% of Christians to name a few of the REAL 10 commandments. The ones that were actually given to the people. Not the commandments that were not smashed and never spread around, but the real ones on stone tables that the people ACCEPTED.
I will bet you will hear things like thou shalt not steal, or no coveting, etc.
You then say SORRY. Nope you are completely wrong.
Those commandments were never accepted and they were busted up on the ground. A few people heard about those, but nobody agreed to them. Moses, later went back up the mountain to get another set of commandments. And those commandments were accepted and became the official 10 commandments.
They were even identified specifically as the ten commandments in the bible. In other places they were called commandments and judgments, but not specifically 10 commandments. (although some versions of the bible sprinkle that phrase around their text, but not in original language)
Now ask them again, what were the commandments that were accepted. That all Christians who believe that Jesus came to fulfill the covenants of the old testament. That even Jesus accepted because they are the ones that were accepted by the people.
(it is important to state Jesus would have accepted, early in the conversation, before you share the facts. It is setting in the "Christian" hook. Otherwise, they will try to wiggle out later. You want agreement early.)
I bet they will again come up some other thou shalt not graven images, thou shalt not commit. NOPE, still wrong.
This is where you deliver a crushing blow to the Christians faith. You actually tell them about the whoring, and god owns your first born child, and all the other good stuff you find quoted below.
Don't quote everything to them, just give them some juicy tidbits. Give them the colorful words and ideas. Best of all it is right there in exodus for them to look up to prove it to themselves. It is only a short 14 sections later in exodus 34. The stuff in exodus 20 was destroyed, so they need to get their faith squared away to the facts of the bible.
and then you walk away ....
he he he he ....
watch the little birdies fly around their head, like you conked em on the head with a frying pan.
I am sure they will WANT to talk with you again.
and you can help them even further their deconversion with more bible facts.
Remember, you don't deconvert with science, you deconvert with the bible.
=== Notes from the bible and quotes ===
As Moses communed with God on the mountain above, Aaron built a Golden Calf on the ground below. When Moses returned and discovered what his brother had done, violating two of the new commandments that had been previously announced, he angrily smashed the tablets.
God followed up the renewal of the covenant with another set of commandments but they were very different, as we will see. First let’s examine the concluding instruction.
And the LORD said unto Moses, Write thou these words: for after the tenor of these words I have made a covenant with thee and with Israel. And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments. (Ex. 34:27-28.)
For the first time the bible specifically refers to the “Ten Commandments” and says that Moses wrote them on the stone tablets. In the opening of this passage we were told that the tablets would contain the very words that were on the broken tablets.
Then follows the new set of commandments and a concluding statement that these are the Ten Commandments.
1. Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee: But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves: For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
2. Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice; And thou take of their daughters unto thy sons, and their daughters go a whoring after their gods, and make thy sons go a whoring after their gods. Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.
3. The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep. Seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread, as I commanded thee, in the time of the month Abib: for in the month Abib thou camest out from Egypt.
4. All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male. But the firstling of an ass thou shalt redeem with a lamb: and if thou redeem him not, then shalt thou break his neck. All the firstborn of thy sons thou shalt redeem. And none shall appear before me empty.
5. Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.
6. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the first fruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of in gathering at the year’s end.
7. Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord GOD, the God of Israel. For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders: neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the LORD thy God thrice in the year.
8. Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the sacrifice of the feast of the passover be left unto the morning.
9. The first of the first fruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.
10. Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother’s milk.
These then, at least according to the bible, are the true Ten Commandments, and they differ radically from the commandments verbally announced in Ex. 20 and Deu. 5.