So I am a poet and a songwriter, and just wanted to let you guys in on one of my recent pieces. Its basically a response piece to a woman who told me that I was cursed to hell for not believing in…Continue
A Girl on the CornerI see this girl at the cornerevery morning at 8:15 she asks for money with a smilea crooked smile that draws me inI buy my coffee and the paper we talk about the weatherI can only think about where she's beenShe's got a warmth inside her body I've seen it melt december snowI watch her sit and radiateI wish that I could just relate But she walks a line that I will never knowEvery morning at 8:15 she asks for money with a smileA crooked smile that has melted meShe speaks of…See More
I wrote this one a while back, probably when I was still in high school, and I was just beginning to crack the surface of my true beliefs. Critical thinking and reasoning started changing my viewpoint on so many things.... and i just realized that everything I was taught was based on a lie.Dionysus Rest in PeaceThey all cry out to an open voidpraying to a god or maybe gods that we've destroyedWhen you get down on your knees, and look at the sky,do you see burning stars and empty space?Or and…See More
"This is a great idea! I am constantly arguing with people on Facebook and the like (whenever i put up a quote from a famous person defending or supporting atheism or religious ambiguity) I constantly find myself going on diatribes proving to them…"
"Nice! I like it, especially like the line "Wouldn't it be nice if it was true, and I was a sheep just like you."
I'm so happy I found this website, Finally a place of likeminded people!!! and POETS too!"
I wrote this after getting into an argument with a woman who said that I was cursed to hell for being an Atheist, well after getting heated for a while, my sarcasm came out and I told her to "curse me" and "send me to the hell you know". Needless to say the argument was over, and this little gem flowed out when I got home.Curse MeHow many must die before we learn that god is a mythHow many kingdoms will fall and how many will burn Just to prove he existsHow many lives have been ruined to hunt…See More
For those that want to know a bit about me
- Is a Proud and Open Atheist
- Thinks that Religion is the most told lie on earth
- Has a Fiance who rocks!
- Has a purebred Boxer named Bruiser
- Is a child of the free to be you and me generation
- Was in a coma for 3 days after a bike accident
- Had his nose ripped off his face
- Got it sewn back on
- Wants to go to Ireland
- Has a tattoo and wants more
- Thinks that music is amazing
- Is starting a DJ business
- Often times loses himself in music
- Thinks that thinkatheist.com is amazing
- Thinks that Nutella rules
- takes his sugar with coffee and cream
- Writes poetry when he finds the time
- Rarely finds the time these days
- Has over 20,000 illegally downloaded songs
- Has only bought 4 CD's ever - Metallica's Kill em All and all 4 3eb albums
- Hopes this info doesn't come back to bite him
- Blacked out during the first 4 songs of a Metallica Concert
- Stopped doing shots before concerts
- Is and always will be a work in progress
- Broke his skull, and it swelled like a watermelon
- Hasn't eaten Taco Bell since 1998
- Has had 2 extensive surgeries to repair a badly broken ankle
- Loves the Yankees and Giants
- Couldn't live without his HTC HERO Android is the future!
- Graduated from UConn
- Thinks Southpark is the funniest show on television
- Just bought a new condo
- Has been writing more poetry lately
-Thinks that Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is the greatest album of all time
Why are you here?
I think that too many Atheists have been hidden behind fear, misunderstanding, and ridicule. We need to make ourselves known. Known to our families, to our community, to our government. We need to stand up and be counted. Doing so will remove the stigma and allow for a more free and direct conversation based in intelligent thought and critical thinking. The days of relating Atheists to satanic devil worshipers is over. We are not the anti-christ, we are not the work of the devil. We are your bank teller, your babysitter, your 7th grade math teacher. We have wholesome families, we give to charity, we help our communities. Atheists need to be proud and for too long we have been hidden behind walls of social injustice.
The religion you left
Was never a part of one
Think Atheist Travel Network Couch Availability - Are you able to host anyone now?