"Tim thats a great idea... i'd love to get a copy of your collection... you could put them all in folders on imgur or something...
I'll trade you for my wallpaper collection :)
"Is there a certain type of person who collects and categorizes things? I've collected a few hundred pictures from Think Atheist and some other websites. I have the pictures put into categories. For example, belief, evil, evolution, intelligent…"
My name is Lisa Eve Gordon. I was born and raised in Bangor, Maine
I am a devout Atheist with Humanist leanings.
I have never believed in god. Not even for a second. I could never, ever fall for it. Religion is really, a form of delusion.
I tried going to church a few times, usually dragged there by a friend or family member. Everything I heard was completely illogical and absurd to me. It was all I could do to hold my tongue and not strenuously object! The eye rolling however, was impossible to control. Needless to say, I was rarely asked twice ;)
As an Atheist, I have morals independant of any church or religion.
I don't need a fear of God to be a good person. Nor do I need a fabricated and unrealistic vision of what's going to happen to me when I die.
Those fairy tales are spoon fed to the weak minded who fear death. Those who have been brainwashed into believing that if they go to church and pay their tithe, they're going to heaven. silly, silly humans! There is no heaven..or hell for that matter. You've been deceived.
Unfortunately, religion robs people of more than just their money. It robs them of their minds, their sanity, their souls, their lives and their time.
There are many reasons why I not only shun religion, I fight it! The appalling atrocities that have been commited, the human suffering effectuated, the intellectual deprivation and the perversions at play in the world of organized "religion" is beyond revolting. It's totally unacceptable and I'll battle them till my dying day!
I am currently in the process of opening a New England seafood restaurant in Florida. The 5th one that I've opened since the age of 28, but the first since 2002 when I sold all of them and moved my children out of Florida and back to Maine for a more simple life. They're all grown now and on their own and I am finally free of a long, unfullfilling and intellectually antithetical marriage.
The time has come for me to make a life for myself and follow both my heart and my passions and my newest restaurant should afford me the opportunity to do both.
My goal is to live off of less than 10% of my gross annual income and use the other 90% to form and fund my own social and political movement aimed at ending religions role in politics, social policy, government, the law and in the public education of our youth.
This undertaking will set the foundation for my life's remaining work. I am committed to making a difference in the world. However small it may be.
I would like to conclude by thanking the Atheist community and it's members. After a lifetime of feeling alone in my thoughts and beliefs and often ostracized, finding you was such an incredible gift!
I am humbled by the extraordinary gathering of free minds, logic and intellectual rationality.
I look forward to learning, growing and evolving through the exchange of ideas, theories and philosophies. Assimilating as much knowledge and enlightenment possible, from all of you.
My goals are ostensibly formidable but not unattainable.
Lets change the world together!
Why are you here?
To meet like minded individuals and if I'm really lucky, a partner to travel this journey with me.