Do you think I'm going to hell? If yes, why? Why would God condemn me to eternal torture just for not believing him in the face of a huge lack of evidence? Why did he create me with my questioning, rational mind ...
"This is literally one of the most idiotic videos I have ever seen. I have seen the 'Christian side hug' rap video and not sure which one killed more brain cells ...
I would like to think that the 'intelligent' Christians could…"
"You would think god should have foreseen that, and maybe released his message where it could be more clearly understood, without error of translation or interpretation, when a larger number of people are alive and thriving on earth. You also might…"
"Just because a lot of people believe something doesn't validate it. Lots of people believe in Allah and say that he is the same as the Christian god. So is that an exception, but Jesus isn't?
There were many who claimed to be the…"
"If there was an amazing all loving, completely just, being whom created the universe and reveled, itself to the world, with real evidence, pointed to itself as the creator. then we wouldn't be atheists.
Saying "Let's all pretend"…"
"Made Corned beef and cabbage and drank Irish red and some Irish Death and Jamison's at an Irish pub. It is Get Drunk Like an Irish Sop Day after all. Bit of a hangover today, though but well worth it, IMO."
"Isn't this the same approch the Church of the FSM took? They proposed teaching the controversy so that they could say the FSM created stuffs. Not sure if throwing it into a pagan guise will get a better response, but maybe?"
Recently 'converted' or as I look at it, stopped believing in the last god on my list. Found some videos on the site by Carl Sagan and site caught me from there.
The religion you left
Why you left your religion.
1.Hell and a good and just god don't mix in either Arminianism or Calvinism as in either case God created man knowing the millions would go to eternal hell before Jesus even came to earth, or God damns
people to eternal hell because he can.
2. The god of the old testament isn't the god of the new testament e.g. god doesn't act today, he isn't vindictive/angry in the NT, etc.
3. Free Will is a lie if god is omniscient,
4. too many contradictions within the bible, on how the bible was made, there are several other stories that parallel the life of Jesus in the Gospels e.g. Mithra, Horus
5. the concepts of family, government etcetera are old unclear illogical, tend to hurt and confuse people more than help.
6. If god is the creator then he should be expectant of science and not afraid/ignorant of it,