At least Santa, you can take it or leave it, no one was killed or maimed in the name of "Santa". The tradition of observing a secular Christmas is that it brings family together, have fun, and makes kids happy, unlike the other.
When my sister was in Antartica in 2000 she brought my children then still very young a letter from Santa with a stamp on it. So Santa must be real LOL
Actually, I find it much easier to believe in Santa than in God. Top ten reasons:
1) I know Santa looks like Charles Durning, but I have no clue what God looks like.
2) I know where Santa lives, but where the Hell is Heaven?
3) It’s easier to imagine Santa circumnavigating the earth in a reindeer-powered sleigh in a single night than it is to believe God can create the world in 6 days, or that He can hear and pass judgment on millions upon millions of prayers every day.
4) Santa will not bring me gifts if I’m naughty instead of nice; God will send me to Hell.
5) I’ve seen Santa in movies and on TV, but never God (except for the History Channel).
6) Santa leaves me presents under the tree every Xmas. God has never left me anything.
7) A lawyer proved God is real in “Miracle on 34th Street,” but no lawyer has successfully made the same case in court for God’s existence.
8) Every year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the “Lifetime” and “Hallmark” Channels present an avalanche of TV movies about Santa, his wife, or his son coming down from the North Pole. But God has yet to make an appearance in any Larry Levinson movie.
9) Santa doesn’t hurt people; God leads crusades, inquisitions, ethnic cleansing, slaughters of innocent men, women, and children, etc.
10) I can conceive of Santa Claus taking a leak, but God? Come on!
Join Think Atheist
Welcome toThink Atheist
Get Started Nowor Sign In
Or sign in with:
Sunday School August 24th 2014
Sunday School August 17th 2014
Sunday School August 10th 2014
Started by Roy Plisko in Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology. Last reply by Roy Plisko 10 minutes ago.
Started by Unseen in Pseudoscience, The Paranormal, and Conspiracy Theories. Last reply by Belle Rose 13 minutes ago.
Started by Unseen in Politics, Economics, Civil and Reproductive Rights, International Conflicts. Last reply by Virgil 35 minutes ago.
Started by Gallup's Mirror in Society. Last reply by MikeLong 2 hours ago.
Started by Tom Sarbeck in Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Psychology. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 2 hours ago.
August 12, 2014 at 6am to October 12, 2014 at 7pm – Your house on TV
Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am
Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am
We are in love with our Amazon
Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!
Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com
In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media
© 2014 Created by umar.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.