At least Santa, you can take it or leave it, no one was killed or maimed in the name of "Santa". The tradition of observing a secular Christmas is that it brings family together, have fun, and makes kids happy, unlike the other.
When my sister was in Antartica in 2000 she brought my children then still very young a letter from Santa with a stamp on it. So Santa must be real LOL
Actually, I find it much easier to believe in Santa than in God. Top ten reasons:
1) I know Santa looks like Charles Durning, but I have no clue what God looks like.
2) I know where Santa lives, but where the Hell is Heaven?
3) It’s easier to imagine Santa circumnavigating the earth in a reindeer-powered sleigh in a single night than it is to believe God can create the world in 6 days, or that He can hear and pass judgment on millions upon millions of prayers every day.
4) Santa will not bring me gifts if I’m naughty instead of nice; God will send me to Hell.
5) I’ve seen Santa in movies and on TV, but never God (except for the History Channel).
6) Santa leaves me presents under the tree every Xmas. God has never left me anything.
7) A lawyer proved God is real in “Miracle on 34th Street,” but no lawyer has successfully made the same case in court for God’s existence.
8) Every year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the “Lifetime” and “Hallmark” Channels present an avalanche of TV movies about Santa, his wife, or his son coming down from the North Pole. But God has yet to make an appearance in any Larry Levinson movie.
9) Santa doesn’t hurt people; God leads crusades, inquisitions, ethnic cleansing, slaughters of innocent men, women, and children, etc.
10) I can conceive of Santa Claus taking a leak, but God? Come on!
Join Think Atheist
Welcome toThink Atheist
Get Started Nowor Sign In
Or sign in with:
Started by JadeBlackOlive in Small Talk. Last reply by JadeBlackOlive 4 hours ago.
Started by David Boots in Politics, Economics, Civil and Reproductive Rights, International Conflicts. Last reply by David Boots 14 hours ago.
Started by Tom Sarbeck in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 7 minutes ago.
Started by Unseen in Small Talk. Last reply by Gregg RThomas 2 hours ago.
Started by seamus mc ardle in Small Talk. Last reply by Gregg RThomas 1 hour ago.
Sunday School April 23rd 2017
Sunday School April 16th 2017
Sunday School April 9th 2017
Posted by Andrew Brown on April 24, 2017 at 12:46pm
Posted by Noon Alif on April 24, 2017 at 7:08am
© 2017 Created by Rebel.
Report an Issue |
Terms of Service
Please check your browser settings or contact your system administrator.