Why Atheists Care About Religion?
First and foremost, it's critical to understand why an atheist might spend time criticizing religion.
Theists may ask, "Why not just ignore us? And leave us alone with our beliefs?" But the problem is not that simple. Atheists are perhaps the last, most oppressed minority in the world, and especially in the United States.
PART IV. CRIMES, PUNISHMENTS AND PROCEEDINGS IN CRIMINAL CASES
TITLE I. CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS
CHAPTER 272. CRIMES AGAINST CHASTITY, MORALITY, DECENCY AND GOOD ORDER
Chapter 272: Section 36. Blasphemy
Section 36. Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously
reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or
contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching
or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be
punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three
hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior. 
In Massachusetts, it's against the law to be atheist. You can spend a year in jail! This is just the tip of the iceberg. We have to dedicate at least one whole page to these issues.
See Why atheists care about religion
- 10 questions every intelligent christian must answer
- 20 Reasons to abandon Christianity - A very detailed and compelling set of reasons why Christianity is invalid.
- Do believers really believe? - If you truly believe something, your actions should indicate so. Are there any inconsistencies with this when examining Christians?
- The hypocrisy of a Christian - You might be a Christian if... what you say, what you think and what you do are in constant conflict
- Why does faith deserve respect? - Religious people demand that people respect their faith, even if they disagree. Unfortunately, it's not that simple.
- Occam's Razor - The most obvious explanation is usually the most likely. Are there magical omniponent, all-seeing, all-knowing supreme beings that are watching over us, or is this just a bunch of myths written by men to explain the unknown?
- How many atheists are there in prison? - If believing in a God is the basis of moral behavior, why do statistics show that the vast majority of people incarcerated are theists?
- Free will - The fallacy of free will. Does it exist, or is it merely an illusion?
- How to piss off an atheist - An amusing short video
- Make up your mind, God - There are some major inconsistencies which go right to the heart of Christian dogma.
- Misconceptions about atheists - A talk by Sam Harris
- It's a miracle - The other side of the argument theists make regarding the "grace of God."
- Disproving God via argument of the infinite - If God has no creator himself, then he must be infinite, but does this premise disprove the existence of God?
- Why are Christians so angry? - If you know you're going to heaven, why spew so much vitriol on non-believers?
- Why atheism? - A detailed essay that covers a lot of ground through history and philosophy describing how atheism manifests itself and why.
- Who are atheists? - There is a lot of misinformation about who atheists really are. This article addresses the issue well.
- Why theists hate atheists - This commentary sheds a lot of light on why religious people seem to be so bent on attacking atheists.
- Funerals make me glad to be an atheist - A story of one person's impression of the funeral of his grand father.
Arguments Against Scripture