Here is a list of notable online Freethinkers and links to their home pages. These are the people on the "front line" challenging dogmatic imposition on science, promoting separation of church and state and other important issues.
Atheist Community Leaders
- Margaret Downey - Founder of the Freethought Society of Philadelpha and a major organizer in the Atheist community.
- Dan Barker - Co-President of the Freedom From Religion Foundation and former fundamentalist preacher-turned-atheist, Dan is one of the best debaters on the planet at this time; he also hosts a regular podcast and weekly radio show.
- Richard Dawkins - An evolutionary biologist and professor at Oxford University, Dr. Dawkins is one of the highest-profile and most active atheists in the world.
- Daniel Dennett - A popular American philosopher, currently the Director of the Center for Cognitive Studies and the Austin B. Fletcher Professor of Philosophy at Tufts University.
- Sam Harris - Stanford Philosophy graduate currently pursuing a degree in neuroscience; author of "The End of Faith" and "Letter To A Christian Nation".
- Dr. Robert "Bob" Price - One of the world's foremost experts on the Bible and ancient history.
- Charles Darwin
- Albert Einstein
- Carl Sagan
- Richard Feynman - (1918–1988) American theoretical physicist, best known for his work in renormalizing Quantum electrodynamics and his path integral formulation of Quantum Mechanics . He won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1965
- Richard Leakey - Kenyan paleontologist, archaeologist and conservationist
- PZ Myers - Biology professor at University of Minnosota, outspoken atheist
- Linus Torvalds - Creator of Linux computer operating system
- Alan Turing - (1912–1954) English mathematician, logician, and cryptographer. Turing is often considered to be the father of modern computer science. The Turing Award, often recognized as the "Nobel Prize of computing", is named after him.
- James D. Watson - (1928—) 1962-Nobel-laureate co-discover of the structure of DNA, identified as an atheist in a Newsweek commentary by his acquaintance, Rabbi Marc Gellman
- Steve Wozniak - Co-founder of apple computer and inventor of the apple I and apple II
Writers & Philosophers
- Pile - Founder of BSAlert.com and FreeThoughtPedia.
- Reginald Finley - aka "The Infidel Guy" -- was an outspoken atheist before it was cool online to be an atheist; started one of the earliest debate podcasts and spawned a good bit of the online nontheist activism you see today. Reggie was also featured on national television in "Wifeswap" as his family changed places with a Christian family.
- User:PsiCop - PsiCop
- The 1585 - billed as "sociopolitical philosophy for sexy geniuses," this consortium of web philosophers produces satirical essays critical of both right-wing theism and far-left political correctness; strong emphasis on logic, sexual libertinism, and aggressive resistance to a perceived cultural "war on smart people;" name is shorthand for "15% Conservative, 85% Liberal."
- Brett Keane - Skeptic, Author, Musician, & Internet Activist.
- Mark Thomas
Online Chat Rooms
- Pat Condell - A very articular and outspoken atheist with thought-provoking commentaries.
- imrational - YouTube video producer of the famous "Why atheists care about religion"
Freethinker-oriented web sites