The idea here is to provide a place to link to which saves time in having to repeat many common arguments or dispel false assumptions (for example, Is Atheism a "belief"?)
New to all of this? Start with Why atheists care about religion and Introduction To Religion.
Here are a few of the main areas we want to populate:
- Theism - Definitions of Theism, including a list of different Religions and details on how different religions distinguish themselves from each other
- Atheism - An introduction to Atheism
- Common Theist Arguments - An overview of common arguments made by theists, with examples and debunking
- Theological Criticisms - An overview of various arguments against theism in general and specific beliefs and scripture.
- Priest Abuse - News items featuring abuses by clergy
- Theists Gone Wild - Sometimes theists are so misguided it can be perceived as amusing, in a very sad sort of way. Here's a collection of videos.
- Humor - The lighter side of irrationality.
- Did You Know?
- Article 11: As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; - signed by President John Adams on June 10, 1797
We want to focus mostly on common arguments, apologetic debunking, illumination of logical fallacies, interpretation and analysis of dogma & scripture, science as it relates to critical thinking arguments, and as simplistic an overview as possible on the various types of religion and world views currently in play.