I was brought up with Christianity...
However, there were some contradictions between the love of God and Hell when I read the Bible; it was a long process of doubt. But the process from theism to atheism was too short

1. I was Theist: I loved God (an insane love) and my best friend was Jesus (that hippie, LOL).
2. I was Deist: I didn't love God, but I was looking for an answer of tthe beginning of Earth and other things like that. God did it!!
3. I was Agnostic: I doubted about God, but I couldn't imagine a world without God. How the universe began?
4. I am Atheist: I studied about Darwin and the big Bang theory. I learnt the meaning of "theory" as a scientific explanation instead of a hypothesis!! I am happy. I enjoy my life.

However, I believe that god doesn't exist! I'm not sure that God doesn't exist!! If I am sure, I have to prove it, and it is impossible!!

So, that's my story...

Waiting for comments...

See ya all!!

Tags: Agnostic, Atheist, Darwin, Deism, god

Views: 8

Replies to This Discussion

I think you said it best, "theist-deist-agnostic-ATHEIST!!"
There is no need to prove that god does not exist, as no proof exists that god does exist. Until they show me an ancient dry cleaning receipt with Jesus' name on it, I won't lend any credence to their tale.
I don't think there could be any "evidence" for god because anything physical would have necessarily arisen from the material world. If science can discover it, then it's probably not supernatural (but that doesn't mean it's not amazing!).

I think only god could prove god exists. And the fact that god hasn't, at least not to me, gives me a big clue that god isn't there.

RSS

Discussion Forum

It was pretty much like this.

Started by Lewal. Last reply by Lewal Feb 26, 2013. 2 Replies

Coming out to my catholic parents

Started by Colleen. Last reply by Colleen Feb 20, 2013. 18 Replies

Being an 'out' Atheist at work.

Started by Zombie Atheist. Last reply by Jens Schwaiger Oct 10, 2012. 6 Replies

How committed are you to your atheism?

Started by Anachro1. Last reply by Ken Hughes Mar 1, 2012. 29 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 5 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service