I don't know where to start. First of all my husband and I cleaned out our food pantry today. So that's a good start! Now I need a few yummy/easy recipes to get me going. Please share your favorite ones!?!

Views: 229

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

When warmer weather starts I make more salads. Here are a few recipes with beans. Enjoy!

Bean & Pasta Salad

1 cup cooked kidney beans
1 cup cooked black beans
1 cup chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 cup cooked navy beans
2 cups vegetable rotini, cooked
1 green pepper, chopped (I use red)
1/ cup white onion, chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 Tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
1 Tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dried

French Dressing:
2 Tbsp white vinegar
2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
1 Tbsp brown sugar
½ tsp paprika
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp grated onion
¼ cup olive oil

If using canned beans, drain and rinse. In a large salad bowl, combine beans, rotini, vegetables and herbs. In tightly lidded jar, combine all dressing ingredients except oil. Blend well. Add oil and shake well. Add dressing to bean mixture. Stir gently. Cover and refrigerate for several hours to meld flavors.

Mixed Bean Salad

1 cup fresh green beans, cut in 1/2” pieces
1 can chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 can kidney beans
1 small sweet white onion, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped

Lemon Dressing:
¼ cup lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp grated lemon rind (zest)
½ tsp freshly ground pepper
1 tsp sugar (optional)

Steam green beans for about 3 to 5 minutes until crunchy but not soft. Drain and rinse canned beans. Combine beans with onion and parsley. In a tightly lidded jar, combine dressing ingredients. Shake well. Pour over salad and toss gently. Let stand for several hours for best flavor. Serve on a bed of lettuce or spooned over a tossed salad.
For some reason I never added beans in my pasta salads, but now I will. Great Recipes, thanks for sharing.

Spinach and Potato Frittata

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 6 small red potatoes, sliced
* 1 cup torn fresh spinach
* 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
* 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
* salt and pepper to taste
* 6 eggs
* 1/3 cup milk
* 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Directions

1. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Place potatoes in the skillet, cover, and cook about 10 minutes, until tender but firm. Mix in spinach, green onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is wilted.

2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Pour into the skillet over the vegetables. Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until eggs are firm.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information
Amount Per Serving Calories: 281 | Total Fat: 13.1g | Cholesterol: 222mg

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spinach-and-Potato-Frittata/Detail.aspx

Peanut Butter Banana Granola
Written by Rachel Shulman

The nut butter is the secret for a truly granola-ey texture – clusters of oats, nuts, and honey rather than flat, toasted cereal.

* 6 cups of old-fashioned rolled oats (not quick-cooking or instant)
* 1 cup of walnut halves and pieces
* 1 cup of slivered almonds
* 1 cup of shredded coconut
* 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
* 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
* Dash of salt
* 1/2 cup of natural, salted peanut butter
* 1/2 cup of honey (or maple syrup)
* 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
* 1 cup of unsweetened banana chips

Heat the oven to 300 degrees. In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and spices. Set aside. Combine the peanut butter, honey, and vanilla in a smaller bowl and blend well using a fork. Add the peanut butter mixture to the oat mixture and stir to combine, using a large spoon or your hands.

Spread the mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to prevent the peanut butter from burning (flipping the granola over with a spatula works well because the peanut butter tends to burn from the bottom-up). While the granola cooks, crumble the banana chips.

Remove the pan from the oven, stir the granola, and set on a rack to cool. Add the crumbled banana chips. Stir the granola once in a while it comes to room temperature. Don’t judge the taste of the granola while it’s hot – the flavor develops as the granola cools (it tastes best the next day). Transfer to a sealed container and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.

Makes 8-9 cups.

(For a peanut-butter-and-jelly version of this granola, substitute 1/2 – 1 cup of dried blueberries or cherries for the banana chips.)

http://eatdrinkbetter.com/2010/05/03/peanut-butter-banana-granola/
Honey, Mint & Lemon Drink

Here is a nice drink to bring to the barbecue. All you need is honey, lemon juice and mint leaves. For two cups of hot water, add 2 to 4 tablespoons of honey, mint leaves and lemon juice. (The amount of honey and lemon juice depends on how sweet you want your drink to be). Let this cool in the refrigerator for a couple hours or leave out and just add some ice cubes.

( a tad of vodka might work nicely as well...)

RSS

Discussion Forum

Another Vegan Baby Death. :(

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! May 24, 2013. 25 Replies

NATURE CURE

Started by GOPI KANTA GHOSH Mar 20, 2013. 0 Replies

"Healthy" food now adding such things as fish oil. Ugh

Started by Bleacheddecay. Last reply by matt.clerke Oct 2, 2012. 5 Replies

Most Vegetarian-Friendly Cuisines

Started by G.B. Zidan. Last reply by G.B. Zidan Apr 29, 2012. 3 Replies

Blog Posts

Yes ATHEIST

Posted by ETRON on September 6, 2019 at 12:44pm 0 Comments

© 2021   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service