Has anyone noticed that eating animals is called dinner while eating people is called canniblism.I don't see a big difference.

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

For me the big difference is that I usually like animals, people, not as much. LOL!

Eating meat, Genetics, DNA and chemistry show us that it is all the same thing. Just a distant relative. Alot of creatures eat meat so that is not the argument. For humans eating meat is a detriment to their health and the health of the planet. We simply should not eat meat because it is illogical to do so.
Eating a cow or a pig is accepted, yet eating a puppy of cat is barbaric. They are both the same thing. As Humans we have no more of a right to take the life of any animal or any other human for our own selfish benefit.
Having sex with your significant other is called making love - have sex with lassie is called bestiality. Some folks don't see a big difference here, either.
Unfortunately, most humans have no problem torturing, slaughtering and ingesting their fellow Earthlings, but would prefer to starve to death than eat one of their own kind...

Since 'Lassie', can't claim rape, who knows how many humans indulge in bestiality given no other convenient alternative...lol...

Check Out this discussion, Meet Animal Rahat's Latest Rescue And Her Newborn Foal, in the group, Where The Wild Things Are. Both sweet & heartbreaking...

RSS

Discussion Forum

Another Vegan Baby Death. :(

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! May 24, 2013. 25 Replies

Is It REALLY None Of My Business?

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! May 23, 2013. 27 Replies

Where do rights come from?

Started by Dogly. Last reply by Jake Morrisse May 23, 2013. 1 Reply

Meat-Eating and Human Evolution

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Philippe Orlando May 19, 2013. 2 Replies

NATURE CURE

Started by GOPI KANTA GHOSH Mar 20, 2013. 0 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 2 Comments

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service