Have you ever read or heard this statement while reading a movie review or while talking with someone about a movie? I have, several times, but I can't actually use it. I don't see how a bad movie can be so bad that it's actually good... Maybe it's just me. For example Cube 2, End of Days, Hercules in New York, Laurel Canyon, Mamma Mia!, are, among many others, some of the worst movies I have ever seen. I could never say that these movies are so bad that they are in fact good.

What about you? Do you agree with the statement 'So bad it's good.'? Have you ever used it? If yes, for what movies and why?

Tags: bad movies

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

Plan 9 from Outer Space is the only one I can think of at the moment.

In my opinion, "So Bad It's Good" implies a good dose of (intentional or not) campiness - otherwise it's just bad.

Yeah I agree.  If I'm laughing AT the movie, I'm still laughing, so still somewhat having a good time.  That's the only time I might say that it's so bad it's good.

Examples include "In the Name of the King" and "Roadhouse".

Unbelievably awful movies, yet really really funny (unintentionally).

I guess I just don't have the sense of humor required to really enjoy those movies that have achieved cult status because "they're so bad they're good," meaning, as has been noted, they're so bad that they're unintentionally hilarious. Movies like Showgirls and Ed Wood movies. I watch about 5 mins, giggle a few times and then say, "ok I have better ways to spend my time."
I'm with you on this one. It is bad, but I am not really feeling like laughing, but starting to think why am I watching it in the first place. But I like to finish what I start and I watch it all the way through.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Atheist themed films

Started by Chancy Oct 30, 2011. 0 Replies

Film / movie

Started by Julien. Last reply by Julien Jun 17, 2011. 3 Replies

'So bad it's good.'

Started by Julien. Last reply by Julien Jun 17, 2011. 4 Replies

Illegal download of movies

Started by Julien. Last reply by NakkiNyan Jan 29, 2011. 15 Replies

Silent Films

Started by Matt Peters. Last reply by Julien Dec 15, 2010. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service