Pandorum (2009), directed by Christian Alvart
Someone mentioned this on another site. It looked interesting so I watched it this weekend.
It is an entertaining and (slightly) suspenseful movie. I can’t say that there is anything at all original about it, as it follows a pretty tried-and-true methodology:
- Take a group of strangers
- Trap them in an unfriendly environment
- Make it so that things are not as they appear
- Have something prey upon them
- Make them fight for survival (and learn to trust one another in the process)
- Give them a task or goal to accomplish, and make sure it is a race against the clock
- Kill off a bunch of them in the process
- And have a positive ending where they all live happily ever after
Yeah, well. We’ve all seen it. Been there, done that. Nonetheless, Pandorum is a well done movie and an entertaining two hours. There are several scenes, especially at the beginning, that are somewhat intense, and the sets and special effects are very well done, too.
Check it out. It’s a lot better than many movies of the same genre.
Ya, I love Pandorum. It was like The Descent in space.
It was cool how they had kinetic energy devices for charging up their instrumentation.
I feel like the story could have been a little better developed near the end, but, on the whole, it's a very well-written flick.