This is a repository for ideas and suggestion for our Apocalypse Party scheduled for December 21st, 2012.

The idea is built around the belief that the world will end on December 21st, 2012 based on the Mayan Calendar. The theme is that we’re preparing for the end of the world, and admission would involve bringing a canned good (or other supplies). When the world does not end, everything collected will be donated to charity.

Members are encouraged to post any ideas/suggestions, from potential venues, to recipient charities, to song playlist ideas (obviously REM’s “It’s the End of the World as We Know It” is a must). All suggestions will be considered.

Tags: Apocalypse, Party

Views: 81

Replies to This Discussion

I can't wait.

I thought there had been several parties for far, why not just pick a day, randomly, and say 'this is the day'. If you do this enough times, surely someone will be right sooner or later. So maybe 12/21 would be ok, two days before my 58th. Atleast, if we are right then what taxes are due can be ignored for that coming year.

So what kind of 'end' should we expect? I was hopping for something exotic, like vacuum decay! Or the more mundane like as asteroid impact! Of course, given the new technogies, maybe a very bad experimental result from CERN, or the North Korens missile over shoot?

We could just ignore the whole thing, since when it does happen, we might not be the wiser! Just one nice day cut short.

Dress up in survival gear! If you have tactical vests or camo, wear it :) Gas masks? Wear them! Whatever you think will increase your chances of survival, put it on for the inevitable apocalypse!

I have Tyvek suits, rubber boots, heavy rubber gloves, two chemical respirators, and Scott Airpack training. I expect that a really important event will make all this rather pointless and mute! Maybe just sit back, crack your last cold one, gather your friends and dearest enemies together, and watch the show. Atleast you get a balanced view of the show, revenge, love, cold drink, and terror for a few seconds, damn just like TV or Freeway driving! 

RSS

Discussion Forum

Meeting Minutes for April 15, 2013

Started by Isidore Ducasse May 13, 2013. 0 Replies

Meeting Minutes for March 18, 2013

Started by Isidore Ducasse Apr 1, 2013. 0 Replies

Notes from Feb. 18, 2013

Started by Isidore Ducasse Feb 22, 2013. 0 Replies

Meeting Minutes for Jan 21, 2013

Started by Isidore Ducasse Jan 29, 2013. 0 Replies

Meeting Minutes for Nov 26, 2012

Started by Cara Coleen Dec 20, 2012. 0 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 25 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service