Question : Having no leagal seperation of church and state,do you think it has been  beneficial or detrimental to canadians.
I waffle on the issue. We have built one of the best countries in the world without a church/state seperation. On the other hand it bugs the hell out of me to see public funding for organizations that feel the need to purpetuate myths to (in my opinion) the detrimet of todays society.

thoughts ?

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

Which party is the extremist right-wing party?  Did Wildrose get a solid foothold?  Good for them.  Those bitterly oppressed, white, hetero Christians are sorely underrepresented in Alberta.

Wild Rose was beaten easily, but they did win the opposition. The whole media fiasco did raise questions about the misuse and misapplication of poling though, that may contribute somewhat to entertaining future discussions also :)

Wild Rose is but on extremist off-shoot of the Conservatives there. The conservatives were 'pushed' into becoming a little more 'progressive' in order to win over the libs! Boy oh boy, those words just sound dirty in the context of conservatism :(

I got the feeling Sun media was pushing for wildrose in a bigway.They hardley say boo about most prov elections but covered this one nationally

That is to be expected. That's the only purpose of Sun media, to GROW the right in Canada, to GROW corporate culture.

RSS

Discussion Forum

seperation of church and state

Started by pat. Last reply by T A A Apr 29, 2012. 16 Replies

Canadian vs US Atheism

Started by Jay Malone. Last reply by Troy C Jul 25, 2011. 5 Replies

Happy Thanksgiving (?)

Started by kris feenstra. Last reply by kris feenstra Oct 11, 2010. 2 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service