Please share your recipes on cooking babies, veal, spiders, human soul consumption (remember to always drink responsibly) and all the other evils that atheists eat.

Tags: cooking, food, meals, recipes

Views: 21

Replies to This Discussion

I have a similar burger recipe but it's not for the feint of heart:

Hamburger (1-2 pounds)
1 medium onion (big as your fist)
Whole small bottle of Tabasco sauce
Garlic Pepper

Mix it all up with the hamburger
Make the patties and grill

Enjoy!

I'm going to try adding some jalapeno next time I do this. I think that will be an awesome addition to the flavor.
Thai Spicy Salads:
Again, no measurements. Add more of the things you like, and less (or none) of the things you don't!

1 bunch chopped cilantro
1 large white or yellow onion
1/2 bunch green onions sliced horizontally
2 tomatoes cut into wedges
2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
A handful of birdseye/thai/thin chili peppers
A squirt Nam-Blah (I think it's just called 'fish sauce' in America)
A tiny sprinkle of sugar
A squirt of lemon juice
Some pounded lemon grass
A sprinkle of fresh mint leaves

Add cooked (but cooled) meat or seafood. Toss and enjoy!
I love this with squid, shrimp or raw beef.
It is awesomely delicious.
Kotlet:

- Equal parts ground lamb and beef. (I usually do 1/2lb of each so that I have leftovers for lunches)
- 1 Egg
- Plenty of fresh Parsley and Mint a dash of salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 large potato boiled until soft and mashed (enough potato so there is one part beef, one part lamb, one part potato)

Mix all of the above ingredients together well.

In a deep sided frying pan (I always use a deep sided electric skillet) turn heat to 350 or stove to medium to medium heat and let it get up to temperature.

Pour in cooking oil so there is a layer covering the bottom of the pan about 1/4 inch deep (I always use peanut oil)

Form meat/potato mixture into small flat patties (2 in in diameter and not more than 1/2 in high)

Roll patties in bread crumbs (you can make your own but I usually buy them because making your own takes a lot of time... just make sure if you buy them they are unseasoned)

Fry each patty for 3 to 4 minutes on each side to cook through they will get rather dark before they are cooked through.

I usually eat these on a bed of brown basmati rice and topped with this yogurt sauce recipe:
Mix together:
- One seeded, peeled, grated and drained cucumber
- small amount of grated onion
- plenty of fresh mint
- 1 1/2 cups plain greek yogurt
- dash of pepper and garlic
Pork Adobo

Serves at least 8 people.

Ingredients:
• 5 pounds (2.3 kilograms) of pork (shoulder works fine)
• 2 large or 3 medium onions
• 1 bulb of garlic
• 1½ tablespoons of grated ginger
• ½ cup of white or rice vinegar
• ½ cup of soy sauce
• ¼ to ½ cup of brown sugar (according to taste)
• 3 tablespoons of oil
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 1 cup of orange soda or Coke/Pepsi (optional)
• Water (to cover pork)

Directions:
1. Cut up pork shoulder into (large) bite-sized pieces and set aside.
2. Slice onions into thin half circles.
3. Fry sliced onions in 3 tablespoons of oil, at medium heat, in a large pot.
4. While onions are browning, chop garlic into small pieces and add them to the onions.
5. Grate 1½ tablespoons of ginger and add it to the onions and garlic.
6. While the onion/garlic/ginger mix continues to brown, combine the brown sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in a bowl and stir.
7. Once the mix is browned, pour in the sugar/vinegar/soy mix and bring the pot contents to a boil.
8. Add the pork pieces and mix well. Bring back to a boil.
9. If you have a cup of cola or orange soda to add, do so now. If you plan to add soda, you might want to reduce your brown sugar by a tablespoon or so.
10. Add water until the liquid level is high enough to cover the pork. Mix well and bring to a boil again.
11. Once the liquid starts boiling, cover the pot with a lid and reduce heat to simmer for 1 hour.
12. After an hour of simmering, remove the lid and increase the heat to high. Boil vigorously, stirring occasionally, until the liquid reduces to a flavorful sauce. The liquid level should be reduced by least half (more for more intense flavor).
13. Sample the sauce occasionally. You can increase the saltiness, sourness or sweetness by (carefully) adding soy sauce, vinegar or brown sugar, respectively. When the sauce is as strong as you like, you’re done.

Serve immediately, with, or over, rice.
The long awaited pumpkin curry!

I discovered this entirely by accident, but it is delicious.
It's also a great way to get rid of your turkey leftovers, if you have any.

Curry Sauce.

1/2 roasted pumpkin (medium)
Cut the top of the pumpkin off like a jack o lantern. Clean out the seeds and insides. Cut it in half. Turn it on it's side so it sits like a bowl. Brush with butter, lemon zest, salt, pepper and fresh garlic. Roast in the oven on low (I used 300d/f) for about four hours or until soft. Remove from oven. Allow to cool. Peel off the skin/rind/whatever this thing is and chop the meat into large chunks. Toss these chunks into a large pot with 16oz plain unsweetened yogurt. Bring to a simmer. Add four large cloves of garlic, curry powder, coriander powder, cinnamon, cloves, tumeric powder, a few large onions and cayenne pepper to taste. Simmer until desired thickness is reached.

Sorry this isn't very precise. I don't cook by the book at all, which means I don't really post the best recipes. Mine are more rough guidelines for inspiration.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Food/Wine critics... similar to cold readers?

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living! Jul 11, 2011. 0 Replies

Holiday Meals! (Super Special Easter Edition!)

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim Apr 25, 2011. 4 Replies

Tips and Tricks

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim Mar 22, 2011. 5 Replies

Breakfast?? How do we not have a breakfast category until now? OOPS!

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! Nov 28, 2010. 2 Replies

Main Course Recipes

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! Nov 28, 2010. 18 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service