Add your favorites here!

Views: 6

Replies to This Discussion

Sickeningly bad for you recipe....but REEEEELY nice. Esp. for kids.

4oz butter & 6 Mars bars. Chop em up and melt them over a stream pot (Bain marie?). Takes about 45 mins.

Add Rice Krispies (enough to have a nice coating on them all).

Put the sticky mix in a tray, even out and put in fridge.

Melt 500g of chocolate using the same technique.

Pore over the rice crispie base and put back in fridge.

Leave for 2 hours and slice into 1 ince squares.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
For Christmas I almost always make chocolate coconut balls and my own cherry cordials. This isn't exactly a health food recipe.

Also I've heard you can make both of these with mashed potatoes instead of the sweet and condensed milk. I've never tried it but I'm sure some vegan out there will appreciate the suggestion.

Coconut Balls:
1/2 can sweet and condensed milk
1/2 cup coconut flakes
Powdered sugar (you're going to need a lot of this)
Chocolate Chips

- Mix sweet and condensed milk, coconut flakes and enough powdered sugar to make a stiff dough; be sure to mix well.
- Roll this dough into small balls about 1/2 to 1 in diameter (whatever size you desire really) and put in freezer for at least an hour.
- Melt plenty of chocolate chips on a double boiler and dip the coconut balls into the chocolate completely covering them. Place them on a cookie sheet with a piece of wax paper on it.
- When finished store in the fridge or in a cool non humid place. If storing in a container be sure to place wax paper between layers of the candy.

Cordial Cherries:
1/2 can sweet and condensed milk
Powdered Sugar (you are going to need a lot of this)
Chocolate Chips
Maraschino Cherries
Almond extract

- Mix sweet and condensed milk with a half teaspoon almond extract and enough powdered sugar to make a dough thick enough to hold a ball shape when rolled... but not too stiff! It's best to work a little powdered sugar in at a time.
- Drain and pat dry the maraschino cherries (I but the kind with stems and leave them on... it's easier to dip them in the chocolate later and it creates a nifty little handle for your candy.)
- Roll the dough mixture into a little ball flatten extremely thin 1/8 to 1/4 an inch flat if you can other wise your candy will be huge. Wrap flattened dough around a maraschino cherry and place on a cookie sheet with wax paper and put in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Using a double boiler melt chocolate chips and dip the now frozen (or really really cold) cherry balls into the chocolate and completely cover and let them set on cookie sheet with wax paper on it. These keep best in the fridge or in a cool non humid place and if storing in a container be sure to separate the layers with a sheet of wax paper.

Enjoy!!! And if anyone tries the mashed potato version please let me know how it goes :)

RSS

Discussion Forum

Food/Wine critics... similar to cold readers?

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living! Jul 11, 2011. 0 Replies

Holiday Meals! (Super Special Easter Edition!)

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim Apr 25, 2011. 4 Replies

Tips and Tricks

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Heather Spoonheim Mar 22, 2011. 5 Replies

Breakfast?? How do we not have a breakfast category until now? OOPS!

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! Nov 28, 2010. 2 Replies

Main Course Recipes

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! Nov 28, 2010. 18 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service