This one is for innerspaceboy!

I love Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories and when I found this 3 record set for $4.99 at my favorite book store, Half Price Books, I had to have it!

Not only is it Sherlock Holmes but it is Basil Rathbone as Mr.Holmes! This one is an oldie released through Murray Hill Records. 6 radio broadcasts with awesome product placement in between episodes and read by members of the cast! There is a little bit of warping on 1 or 2 of the L.P.'s but not enough to effect play and it sounds as good as a radio broadcast from the 1940's can sound.

Someone took really good care of this box set and it came with an 8 page catalog in pristine condition.

The L.P.'s aside from some slight warping, look and play amazing!

This was truly a find for a record fiend and a fan of Sherlock Holmes.

Two of my favorite things combined!

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you for posting this! I take it you saw my Goodreads Holmes post?

Your pics are wonderful! I just picked up the other Basil Rathbone & Nigel Bruce disc in that series - "Four Original Broadcasts" from a second-hand shop last week.

I recently went mad for Holmes, after acquiring that first edition 10lb single-volume Annotated Sherlock Holmes, I tracked down the 83 surviving recordings of the "CBS Radio Mystery Theater's New Adventures of..." hour-long broadcasts complete w original advertisements.

Followed by the Complete Sherlock Holmes Audiobooks (Unabridged 60CD set)

And then the 1938 Orsen Welles Immortal Sherlock Holmes.

But the one that has really got me excited is the 79 disc box set of the Complete "BBC Adventures of..." Radio dramas. They are a most rewarding listen!

So sorry for the lack of photos (or if I'm repeating myself)- I've just moved last night and won't have the internet until June 1st, so this is coming from my phone.

Thanks again for the great post!

I read your vinyl/CD reply and had to show off my Holmes records.

But after hearing of your stash, thats like a little garden lizard strutting in front of Godzilla.

I love the silly commercials in the broadcasts, they are so shameless and crass.

And nothing beats the original S.A.C.D. stories, Thems good read'N!

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 4 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service