Hi Everyone,

Just seeking some advice here.   My sister-in-law and her family just lost the rescue dog they recently adopted--a Doberman that was saved from a HORRIBLE situation where it was chained outside, starved, neglected, etc.  Very tragic!  They had only had the dog (authorities guessed she was about 4 years old) for about a month and last night she had a massive heart attack and died suddenly and unexpectedly.  The family is heartbroken.  This comes after they lost their beloved German Shepherd who died of a pretty rare disease at the age of eight about a year ago.  

We have e-mailed expressing our sympathies, and my husband sent the video "All Dogs Go to Heaven" thinking it would help the kids (they are 12, 10, and 7), but I keep thinking we should do more.  We won't call yet, at their request, which I understand.  My sister-in-law said she can't have a conversation yet without crying hysterically.  I'm just looking for any advice on how to best express our sympathies.

I have my "first" dog that I have had as an adult (she turned four this year) and I know how absolutely devastated I would be if I lost her.  Any advice?  Thanks in advance.

Views: 2

Replies to This Discussion

First, I'm so sorry for your loss. Second, thank you for taking the time to reply and offer your advice. I really appreciate it and it helps a lot. I think you're right...we'll give them space and time to grieve and just let them know we're here when they're ready to talk.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Discussion Forum

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.