Sam Harris and the Salon Interview.

It would seem that the moral tenets of the Satanic Church inspire greater nobility in action and thought than those swallowed in tablet form.

Statements are not necessarily true because they have not been proven to be false.

Some more religious monks need to be jailed and left to suffer alone.

Russia bans Scientology because it is not a religion.

Refugees and the godless thing to do.

What the 14 GOP candidates had to say about the Planned Parenthood shooting.

Could the failure of the government in Turkey to condemn Daesh indicate a tacit support for it?

This weeks’ Woo: The Myth of Regression Therapy.

Neil deGrasse Tyson on Scientific honesty and informed democracy. Faith in Science is different from Religious Faith.

Atheism soars among young people as Science fills in the gaps and God fades away.

A day in the Life of Pi

Our self-image and group humor, one joke at a time.

Things are heating up at CERN as the LHC conducts new experiments to help us understand the early Universe after the Big Bang.

China is building the world’s largest radio telescope.

How successful will the International Climate talks be in Paris this coming week? If they are not we may need to consider other options like geoengineering the removal of greenhouse gases.

Get ready for the 2016 Reason Rally.

Ten things we did not know last week. Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video: Ted Talk: Three Myths of Behavior Change. Brian Cox expands some minds.

Views: 285

Replies to This Discussion

Have a great week everyone!

Thank you, Reg!

Per Sam Harris....

Ben Carson is a perfect example of how even the process of becoming a neurosurgeon is insufficient to correct for this indoctrination. It’s astonishing: The man is both a celebrated neurosurgeon and a moron. Apparently, becoming a neurosurgeon can be like becoming an electrician or a plumber—you can learn it like a trade, and your mind can remain more or less untouched by the scientific worldview. Carson thinks that evolution and the big bang are “fairy tales.” He believes that Darwin was misled by Satan. He’s a Seventh Day Adventist, and his worldview has been defined by the rantings of religious crackpots.

I have a sense that even Mr. honesty, Trump is not as deluded. He'll never admit it, of course. Being deluded is a good thing.

I hear other engineers talking about their mythology and I look at them and think WTF !

Thank you as always Reg! I sincerely hope the U.S rep doesn't make an asshole of us at the climate talks. Historically we have been cowards on the issue. We need to be LEADERS on the issue. I do not feel a "hybrid" approach will do it. We need an AGGRESSIVE approach! The US and China are THE WORST on CO2 emmisions, and water consumption. I want to be optimistic, but unless it becomes legally binding then it's all just talk. And we'll be at 450ppmv of CO2 in no time.

It would seem that the moral tenets of the Satanic Church inspire greater nobility in action and thought than those swallowed in tablet form.

Nice pun there.

It reminds me (for some reason) of someone who informed me that communion wafers did not, in fact, have any trans fats in them.

The fat-free wafers are called, "I can't believe it's not Jesus"

Can Catholic's eat wafers if they are vegetarians? Are they gluten free? Quick, someone call a theologian. Now I am off to get a burger for dinner.

As a kid in, mass, I always wanted to have a taste of the wine the priest drank.

On second thought, I'm glad I never tasted that kool-aid.... :)

LOL!! :)

I like their "7 commandments" and, at first glance, their moral code etc.  They're pretty good.  I just can't get behind something called "satanism". 

I would sooner see children get their moral or ethical instruction from those 7 tenets than from the Bible or Koran.

I know - I certainly think they have a lot to offer.  I still can't get past, you know, \m/ 

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sunday School May 28th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton Jun 1, 2017. 35 Replies

Sunday School May 21st 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 23, 2017. 16 Replies

Sunday School May 14th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Daniel W. May 14, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School May 7th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 10, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School April 30th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer May 1, 2017. 7 Replies

© 2019   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service