Francis Collins on Faith and Science. If religions had the answers to “Why?” then would not all religions agree with each other? Addressing the question is not the same as answering it.

Stephen Hawking suggests that Physics would be more interesting if the Higgs Boson had not yet been discovered. However there are plenty of good reasons to believe Physics is still interesting.

How Climate Change and Plate Tectonics shaped Human Evolution.

George W. Bush is scheduled to speak at a fundraiser in Texas, to raise money for the Messianic Jewish Bible Institute. This group wants to help bring about the second coming of Christ.

The battle between the teaching of Evolution and Intelligent Design has had a long history in Texas. Here is some background to it. November 22nd will see how far God’s hand will be pulled from the gaps. A very good article from the Dallas Observer on the subject.

Still in Texas….what happens when we Atheists have no “moral absolutes”. Meanwhile Ray Comfort tries to link Atheism with suicide.

I have not heard the Anthropic Principle mentioned for a while. This article on our perception of cosmic fine-tuning will get you thinking.

Why Evolution is true……101 reasons in bullet points.

A selection of videos from Women in Secularism for everyone to watch.

In England two people are arrested on charges of female genital mutilation of a very young baby.

Here is a new video with Dan Dennett, Laurence Krauss and Massimo Pigliucci. It is about 2 hours long but worth watching during the week. They discuss Science, God and the supernatural.

Atheists and believers met in Scotland. Respecting the person not the belief and doing so in a civil manner is how to do it. Wonder if they got that idea from TA members? :-)

Family Guy creator Seth MacFarlane and why Science still mourns the loss of Carl Sagan.

Scientology opens a little branch office in Clearwater Florida where it will teach its “Super Powers” program. I wonder if that includes a program on how not to pay any tax?

NASA will launch the MAVEN spacecraft tomorrow to investigate the atmosphere of Mars.

The Electron just won’t play ball!

The Economist slates the UN Human Rights Council as some of it members are violators of Human Rights, especially when it comes to religion.

Sam Harris interviews Paul Bloom on his book the Origins of Good and Evil.

Jerry Coyne also on Faith and Science.

Coffee break video- Something different to think about.

Tags: School, Sunday

Views: 159

Replies to This Discussion

RE: The Second Coming Club - Is Bush getting paid for this? Of course he is. I love this quote from the article:    " Money, he explained, is needed to hasten the return of Jesus. With the funds it collects, Waldman said, MJBI trains "people to preach the good news of the Messiah to the Jewish people." That's important, Waldman noted, because when there are "enough" Jewish people who call Jesus their savior, "some sort of a trigger will go off in heaven, and our father in heaven will say, 'Okay, son, it's time to get your bride.'"

The only response I can give for this idea is... Hal...Open the pod-bay doors, Hal...

Well, I've got the 2 hour Dennett vid to look at and the Women In Secularism site to bookmark and absorb and ponder the vitual particles surrounding the electron....damn, Reg, I think I'll have to skip work tomorrow! :)

Happy Weekend Everyone! ;)

Happy weekend to all.

Reg thanks for the great links and for taking the time to compile all of them.

Wow ! Those humble scientologists. Those Electropsychometer's must be pegged full on !

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sunday School July 27th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer on Sunday. 2 Replies

Sunday School July 13th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Physeter Jul 21. 3 Replies

Sunday School July 20th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer Jul 20. 4 Replies

Sunday School July 6th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas Jul 7. 13 Replies

Sunday School June 29th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Ed Jun 29. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service