No member of the new 115th Congress commits the false crime of unbelief but why is Congress so disproportionately Christian?

A children’s charity rejects a $25,000 donation from an atheist group.

An atheist gets the police to stop breaking the law.

A Catholic priest turned pimp is accused of organising orgies on church premises.

A seven year boy died because his parents prayed for him instead of taking him to hospital.

The long, slow death of religion.

Once again, atheists are not responsible for past genocides.

In Pakistan, challenging the Blasphemy Laws is considered blasphemy.

What is Scientology and who was L. Ron Hubbard. Would you take their personality test?

Do you see anything wrong in this article about why we atheists deny the obvious?

This weeks’ Woo: The Detox Scam.

Nine misconceptions about Planned Parenthood.

Did people vote for the Tremendous One out of a sense of nostalgia for a white Christian America? What are the challenges facing Secularists in America over the next four years?

Has Physics become tied up in knots?

Mystery cosmic radio bursts are pinpointed.

Climate Change: The future of Solar power as the landscape of Antarctica is about to change while Science once again loses out to uninformed opinion on climate change.

Richard Dawkins thinks we should know more about the Genetic Book of the Dead.

Ten things we did not know last week. Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil.…..

Coffee Break Video: Daniel Dennett makes sense. Some people believe in only a really real God.

Views: 137

Replies to This Discussion

Have a great week everyone!

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it is not open.

- Frank Zappa

Thank you, Reg!

Reg, thank you for another excellent list of reading to further our knowledge and give us pause.  In my area its too cold to leave the house.  Reading will be a good activity.

In that first link, if I understand correctly, the writer suggests there are probably some politicians who tell lies!  I need to think about that for a while.

Wow, that Italian priest pimped out his 15 lovers!  I've wasted my life.  Priest has 15 lovers, but a poor atheist spent his life with, at most, one at a time.  Fifteen!

Not quite the same situation, but where is Steven Lynch when we need him?

Each week, while compiling this post, I discover several reports about fraudulent, corrupt, sexually deviant, drug or alcohol fuelled and generally dishonest priests, pastors and other “men of God” from around the world.  Many of them are too gross to consider reporting them so now I try to keep it to one or two per month.

Here is just one from Australia about Catholic priests. However I am more interested in helping the victims of their crimes. The SNAP network is good source for help.

I hope the weather eases up soon for you Daniel. I will sacrifice a goat tomorrow if you think that might help :-)

Reg, I think you are doing the right thing.  For a while, I had google news alerts for search terms like "priest arrested" or "pastor convicted" or bishop arrested" in various combinations.  My inbox was swamped every week.  It did no good to follow that.  It does a lot of good to seek positive change, honorable and beneficial.

I hope you did not sacrifice any goats on my behalf.  The waterline or pump froze dammit, they have to thaw before I know what happened.  That's a price I pay for country living :-) but it's worth it

Thank you for Sunday School Reg!!!

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sunday School May 28th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton Jun 1, 2017. 35 Replies

Sunday School May 21st 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 23, 2017. 16 Replies

Sunday School May 14th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Daniel W. May 14, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School May 7th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 10, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School April 30th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer May 1, 2017. 7 Replies

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service