A growing number of scholars are questioning the historical existence of the little baby Jesus.

Atheists in the USA get legal protection under the religious freedom bill. That will make Jerry Bloom happy too.

The Cuddly One is rebuked by the Knights of Malta who think AIDS is not a bad as using a condom.

Thanks to The Tremendous One, the War on Christmas (that never happened), has been won. That is because Christmas is better without Christ.

In England there is a long line of victims suffering from Christian persecution complex. Ah, the piety!

Some interesting quotes on Atheism.

Ja, Hitler war ein Christ.

Why it is not wrong to wish Muslims Merry Christmas.

This weeks’ Woo: There is nothing sweet about the sugar industry.

Climate Change: Las Vegas is now powered entirely by renewable energy.

How the “Santa lie” helps teach children to be good little consumers.

Atheist China could have the largest Christian population by 2030.

How might humanity transform itself in the coming 30 years but when did life on Earth begin?

How would the religious react if aliens make contact with us?

How to distinguish between religious fervor and mental illness?

Scientists at CERN are eagerly looking forward to replacing the unstable Standard Model.

Will the Tremendous One negate President Obama’s Science legacy?

Ten things we did not know last week. Some photographs taken last week. Photos of the year.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil.…..

Coffee Break Video: Atheist Christmas with Matt Dillahunty. TedTalks: The gospel of doubt.

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

Have a great week everyone!

“I refuse to prove that I exist," says God,"for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing”.

- Douglas Adams.

Still reading through some of your great Sunday School lessons.  This compilation is the highlight of my recent readings on all topics a/theism. Thank you Reg!

On some that I have read so far.

It's interesting how attached even some atheists are to the idea of a Jesus-man.  It's almost like, if there was some guy named Herkimer, who wandered around old Jerusalem in 30CE, selling bagels, doing carpentry work on the side, and telling customers to go in peace, that could be taken as proof there was a real inspiration for the Jesus myth.  Even if there WAS a rabbi named "Jesus", or something similar, who actually did have a following, there are so many myths glommed on to whatever history there mightor might not have been, that it makes no sense to claim the real character existed.  If, 2,000 years from now, there is a god "Elvis" who was born of a virgin, the son of the great god "Chuck Berry", who performed miracles, walked on water, inspired people to war and genocide, was crucified on a gigantic clarinet and was reborn 3 days later, would we really want to claim that god was real?  Even if people were singing church hymns like Bossa Nova Baby and Blueberry Hill?  I find the arguments against a historical Jesus character more compelling than the arguments for one, but that's just me.

I loved the quote in one of the other links, "it would be sinful to leave out Christopher Hitchens"

Still reading.  Thanks again Reg the Fronkey Farmer.  May you have a delicious traditional holiday dinner complete with Buffalo style barbecued fronkey legs.

Thanks you very much Daniel. It’s the only school where you can set your own exam questions but only if you want to!

I had to include a few Jesus links because of the date. I mean it is not every day that people get to celebrate the birth of the Creator of the Universe in human form. Back in my student days I worked in a bar in London where “Blueberry Hill” was played several time a day. Never grew tired of it, not like some of those pesky Xmas carols. I hope you are having a great day too.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sunday School May 28th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton Jun 1, 2017. 35 Replies

Sunday School May 21st 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 23, 2017. 16 Replies

Sunday School May 14th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Daniel W. May 14, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School May 7th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 10, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School April 30th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer May 1, 2017. 7 Replies

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service