Here are 100 things we found out during 2013.

Atheists stop Christmas from being ruined by Christians.

I liked the opinion of this writer in an article on “Sunday Assembly”, the so called Atheist mega-church. The most interesting thing about it is that its rapid growth shows the world that Atheism is no longer hidden in the shadows. I wonder though what would happen if they tried to open one in any of these countries?

Allah says: “Let there be no compulsion in religion”, but this Saudi Arabian blogger may face the death penalty for apostasy.

In Egypt the Muslim Brotherhood is declared a terrorist organisation, by the opposition.

The people that brought Conservapedia to the world have decided to rewrite the Bible because it is just too liberal.

Muslim staff working for a supermarket chain can refuse to sell alcohol and pork to customers. However the story changes the following day.

What a load of angelology from a Catholic Church demonologist.

NY State Senator Lanza no longer thinks that Atheists are hateful and malicious. I forgive him.

Is this ex-boxer punch drunk? At least the silly season is almost over.

Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about books.

Tim Berners-Lee challenges the BBC to allow an Atheist to present on the “Thought for the Day” slot.

In Canada, children from a Jewish sect may be taken into care because of serious neglect.

According to this article serious money is being spent to deny Climate Change.

Some thoughts on the development of the human brain.

These pigs glow in the dark……..!

Another fossil discovery closes a gap in our evolutionary past.

Jerry Coyne pulls no punches in this article on religiosity and secularism in America.

The Guardian says religious rights must move aside to allow Human Rights to flourish.

Coffee Break: Diana Nyad Never give up.

Thanks to everyone who sent me links and suggestions over the last few months. Keep them coming and I will adapt the post to reflect them. Wishing everyone a Happy New Year!!

Tags: School, Sunday

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

The article by Jerry Coyne is a good example on how to dismantle an argument.

That 100 article was pretty interesting. An all twin military unit in Russia? Americans say "jiff" and Brits say "giff" for .gif images? Who'd have known?

Thanks for your support Belle Rose. I know many more people read it than comment on it, which is ok. If anyone has any suggestions as to which topics are preferred please let me know. I tend to be biased towards "Atheism" news but I will broaden it out into different headings like Evolution, Cosmology and Science.

Does anyone watch the Coffee Break videos?.....I try to pick different topics each week.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sunday School 31th August 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton 18 hours ago. 7 Replies

Sunday School August 24th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Belle Rose Aug 24. 4 Replies

Sunday School August 17th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by onyango makagutu Aug 19. 11 Replies

Sunday School August 10th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer Aug 10. 5 Replies

Sunday School August 3rd 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Physeter Aug 4. 6 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service