Today is the second anniversary of the passing of Christopher Hitchens.

Some journalists will never walk in his shoes. There are too many hacks at work. Others still consider a lack of belief in their god to be a religion. At least Faux News even has a Christmas gift for us Atheists from none other than the finely tuned and objectively moral William Lane Craig and his 5 reasons why God exists. If only there was somebody to save us from those angry Atheists, especially from those Jewish Atheists with cool license plates.

Those license plates are not that easy to get…..

Poland rules to keep an idol of dead Jesus hanging in the court room. His agent on this planet has become Time Magazine Person of the Year, beating Bashar Assad into fourth place. He has given orders (the Pope, not the dictator) to setup a commission to deal with a litany of human rights abuses against defenceless children carried out over decades around the world. I heard a Catholic say recently that his second car is a sign of his fight against poverty because it is really old.

British court decides Scientology is a religion.

While Bill Nye was writing to President Obama asking for better funding for planetary exploration China landed a rover on the moon.

Curiosity is still busy exploring Mars. Over 200,000 have applied to go there to see the Red Planet for themselves. The European Space Agency has a Juicy story. Cassini has been busy too over Saturn.

String Theory and Quantum Theory make similar predictions that the Universe is a Hologram. What about Rainbow Gravity though?

25 Top Science stories of the year. We are all just a collection of microbes………

In his new book Michael Shermer asks Is God Dying?

Failed psychic predictions of the year.

The Happy Gilmores are Atheists and raise their family of seven as Freethinkers.

Christians are no longer the majority in New Zealand……guess which group is.

Segregation and Censorship must not be tolerated on Campus. I could hear Hitchens voice when I read it…..you know that way he had of sounding like he was just speaking to you? Keep thinking dangerous ideas.

Coffee Break Videos: Hitchens on Free Speech and a few campfire stories on Ubuntu.

Tags: School, Sunday

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

"The only position that leaves me with no cognitive dissonance is atheism. It is not a creed. Death is certain, replacing both the siren-song of Paradise and the dread of Hell. Life on this earth, with all its mystery and beauty and pain, is then to be lived far more intensely: we stumble and get up, we are sad, confident, insecure, feel loneliness and joy and love. There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Hitchens.

Be very entertaining if Sarah Palin would agree to a formal debate against David Silverman: The topic should be "Christmas and the Constitution".

Hi Belle Rose....you have had a productive Sunday morning. Thanks.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Discussion Forum

Sunday School November 23rd 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Virgil 18 hours ago. 12 Replies

Sunday School November 16th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by onyango makagutu Nov 17. 3 Replies

Sunday School November 9th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Davis Goodman Nov 10. 5 Replies

Sunday School November 2nd 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Belle Rose Nov 7. 9 Replies

Sunday School October 26th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton Oct 27. 8 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service