Before we start today let us not ask any gods to bless anything.

An essay on the reasons we must keep fighting about religious freedom especially when a GOP candidate calls on Christians to rise up against all the non-existent Atheists in Congress. Why is the West not as eager to criticize actual discrimination of other Christians?

Atheist TV was officially launched last week. Christians are watching it and Creationists too.

An Atheist reads the Koran.

An update on the “Ohio IQ” story from last week considers its flaws and academic biases.

A court in Uganda has ruled that its anti-gay laws are unconstitutional.

A federal appeals court dismisses the “Ground Zero Cross” case taken by Atheists. It is deemed historical rather than religious (We have heard that before). Then the worker who found the cross beam in a structure made of cross beams calls the result a win for Faith over Atheism.

If it is immoral for Hamas to use human shields it must also be immoral to bomb human shields.

The reasons why Sam Harris will not criticize Israel. Al Jazerra’s Israeli problem.

Richard Dawkins - the Atheist left-wing media are given a telling off.

What the “highfalutin talk” of Conservatives really means.

We are not born with an innate bias for belief in gods. It is poor education that leads to magical thinking.

The Flow of Evolution and the prediction of design.

The “Great Decline” of religion in America.

Africa has the world’s largest Church.

A short essay on “Science vs. Religion”.

Ten things we did not know this week. Some pictures taken last week.

Coffee Break video: Dan Dennett and Tools for Thinking.

Tags: Atheism, News, School, Sunday

Views: 226

Replies to This Discussion

David Silverman is right on the money about the "History" channel representing the bible as history complete with 'reenactments'.  Congrats to AA and the new channel in hopes it provides some balance to commercial broadcasting.

RE:

A Georgia Republican candidate for Congress warned of disastrous consequences if atheists were elected as lawmakers.“Are we going to be a nation that is led by people who acknowledge God? Who acknowledge God’s law and acknowledge the role of God’s law in our society and the founding of our country?

Well, lets see what the founders had to say...

“This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.” John Adams

“The Bible is not my book, nor Christianity my religion.” Abraham Lincoln

“The United States of America should have a foundation free from the influence of clergy.” – George Washington

“The government of the United States is in no sense founded on the Christian Religion.” - George Washington

“To argue with a man who has renounced his reason is like giving medicine to the dead.” - Thomas Paine “In every country and in every age, the preacher has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own.” -Thomas Jefferson

“On the dogmas of religon, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind.” – Thomas Jefferson, 1816

“Faith is believing what you know ain’t so.”
 – Mark Twain

“I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies.” - Benjamin Franklin “The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.” – Benjamin Franklin

”I do not believe in the divinity of Christ and there are many other of the postulates of the orthodox creed to which I cannot subscribe.” - William Howard Taft, American President and Chief Justice (1857-1930).

“Religion is all bunk.”
 “I have never seen the slightest scientific proof of the religious ideas of heaven and hell, of future life for individuals, or of a personal God.” – Thomas Edison, American inventor (1847-1931) -

Thanks for posting those quotes Robert.

William Taft? You mean you could actually be elected president once without multiple loud, profuse proclamations of how much you love Jesus?

I appreciated the article on children's innate bias against magical thinking. Thanks as always for a great Sunday School Reg, thank you for taking time out to do this every week...I always look forward to it.

You are very welcome Belle Rose. Glad to hear you liked it.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Discussion Forum

Sunday School November 23rd 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Virgil on Wednesday. 12 Replies

Sunday School November 16th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by onyango makagutu Nov 17. 3 Replies

Sunday School November 9th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Davis Goodman Nov 10. 5 Replies

Sunday School November 2nd 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Belle Rose Nov 7. 9 Replies

Sunday School October 26th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton Oct 27. 8 Replies

Blog Posts

In Avoidance of Anger

Posted by Pope Beanie on November 27, 2014 at 4:59pm 0 Comments

The plane that never crashed

Posted by Brazillian atheist on November 27, 2014 at 12:17pm 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service