The Ark in the Park, having had its genesis about forty days ago, now looks to be sinking. Maybe the carpenters had the wrong 2x2? Scientists are now actively discouraging schools from visiting it.

However the god of the Christians does seem to have a thing about floods.

In Argentina the owners of tacky tourist shops are praying that the miracles continue. I wonder if they would object to young Nazis hunting down Pokémons.

Mother Teresa, a lover of misery, will be made a saint by any means.

In the U.S. most states allow religious exemptions from child abuse and neglect laws.

As abortion is still illegal in Ireland, two Irish women live-tweet their journey to Britain for one.

Women in Texas now have the highest maternal mortality rate in the developed world, thanks to funding cuts to reproductive healthcare clinics.

The Amsterdam Declaration on Humanism.

Each year in Pakistan, hundreds of people are forcibly converted to Islam and the stories seldom get any media coverage.

Sam Harris has some advice on what Hilary Clinton should say about Islam and the “War on Terror” before November.

This weeks’ Woo: Chemtrails and why trusting Dr. Google is a bad idea.

A brave woman with a beautiful smile throws a party to be remembered.

James Ellis LuValle was an Olympian scientist.

This is an excellent article on how the Arab world has been fractured since the invasion of Iraq.

Scientists discover a deep evolutionary link between fins and hands.

What determines the expansion of Space and what do the aliens living there look like?

There is a chance you might choose to read this article.

Ten things we did not know last week. Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil

Coffee Break Video:  NASA on alien life and Richard Dawkins in conversation with Peter Boghossian.

Views: 229

Replies to This Discussion

Have a great week everyone!

"A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turned out for what he knows."

- Mark Twain

That's hilarious phrasing, describing the genesis of the ark in the park. Will we soon see its exodus? What will be done with the place if it closes? Can we get the state of Kentucky to provide tax benefits for a different Bible story? Sodom and Gomorrah comes to mind. They could have reenactments of Lot offering his daughters to the angel-rapist community of Sodom. At their concession stands they could have salt shakers shaped like Mrs. Lot. The story of Lot impregnating his daughters would be a real winner too. We'll save the story of the tower of Babel for the state capital.

I detest Ken Ham and his kind. About 5 years ago I had a good discussion with PZ Myers about it when it was first proposed. I said then that I would lampoon the Ark in the Park as a lark whenever I could. Imagine if Noah and his wife Joan of Arc went around telling everyone that the world was only a few hundred years old and that god intended to drown everybody plus all the animals. But it is when I remind myself of what he intends to do to the minds of young children that I turn into bad company!!

Thanks, Reg!
Tony Perkins had to escape the Louisiana flood via canoe. It's a shame there wasn't an ark around for him to borrow. Perkins bullshiited himself silly, claiming THIS flood is basically a blessing from god, whereas OTHER floods are punishments brought down on homosexuals and other Democrats.

I think we are going to need a bigger boat! Jonathan Saenz is looking for his paddle.

Why is Mary in a glass box? Shouldn't her worshippers be allowed to touch her?

Catholics are really into their worship of idols and icons. The glass box is to stop them licking her.

If we had birds with names like Scarlet-rumped Trogon, and the Rufous Piculet, which we thought of as the sons-in-law of God, we might make better decisions than we do.
On "Dr Google", when I had my first oncologist visit for gastric leiomyosarcoma, the oncologist pulled up his information via Up-To-Date, sort of a wikipedia for doctors.
it's a rare cancer and I think he had never heard of it, although he would not admit that. His plan put me at danger in several ways, did not vaccinate me for pneumonia or shingles, both of which I got, and did not prepare me to prevent vitamin malnutrition, which also occurred. I self-paid for my own oncologist outside my health plan, which changed everything for the better.

Google did not go to medical school or residency, and as far as I know, you cant sue yourself for malpractice when you make the wrong medical choices via google.

Q: What do they call the poorest medical student in each year's graduating class? 

A: Dr.

Thanks Reg.

Read the article about the ark because I just think Hamm and his ilk are a scream. I keep reading that more and more people are fleeing religion and embracing secularism. It can't happen fast enough for me.

BTW: The link, Liberalamerica.org, is progressivism on steroids...LOL! I thought DailyKos.com was militant...

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sunday School May 28th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton Jun 1, 2017. 35 Replies

Sunday School May 21st 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 23, 2017. 16 Replies

Sunday School May 14th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Daniel W. May 14, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School May 7th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 10, 2017. 8 Replies

Sunday School April 30th 2017

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer May 1, 2017. 7 Replies

© 2020   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service