The age of the Moon has been revised which has implications for our understanding of Earth’s formation.

A large ocean has likely been discovered on Enceladus, one of the moons of Saturn, by the Cassini spacecraft which has been exploring the region for over 10 years.

A quick lesson on the Big Bang with some good links to more info and videos at the end.

A rough guide to spotting bad science.

Here is a very good article by Ethan Siegel on all you need to know about Climate Change and it has been updated to include the findings of last week’s IPCC Report on the subject. The new Copernicus programme should help monitor environmental changes from space.

Data from the Fermi Space Telescope hints at the presence of dark matter.

Mississippi passes a bill to allow discrimination on religious grounds which will allow for discrimination based on sexual orientation.

I would like to see the math behind the assertion that Noah’s Ark would have been able to float with 70,000 creatures on board. I wonder if that figure includes all species of woodpecker.

Money is not the key to happiness.

What can Science tell us about the soul, asks a religious writer?

A “Report Card” on US lawmakers on their efforts at upholding the separation of church and state.

An Atheist in Missouri has won a legal victory over being forced to attend a religious based substance abuse program in order to get early parole.

Saudi Arabia declares Atheists to be terrorists for not believing in the religion of peace. Meanwhile over in Burma, Buddhist monks encourage bloodbaths against the Muslim minority and get going with their own set of discriminating laws.

This weekend Atheists will help Mormons to resign from the Church of LDS.

Pulitzer prize-winning photographer Anja Niedringhaus was shot in Afghanistan on Friday. Here is some of her work.

Coffee Break Video: A.C. Grayling on Humanism. Zoe Weil of the Humane Education movement.

Tags: Atheism, School, Sunday

Views: 204

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, the YEC's will most likely use the "Noah's Ark" above to tell us that Science has now proved that the flood myth is true.

To actually believe that all life on planet Earth was saved by a boat (from a murderous, vindictive god) just a few thousand years ago, one must have an intellect not far beyond a five year old. Where did all that water come from and where did it go?

Belle, a famous woman opera singer once said I've been rich and I've been poor. Being rich is better.

I like A.C Grayling. I have read a few of his books and the fellow writes well.

Thanks again for this wonderful collection

Thanks for your kind words Onyango.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sunday School July 13th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Physeter on Monday. 3 Replies

Sunday School July 20th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer on Sunday. 4 Replies

Sunday School July 6th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas Jul 7. 13 Replies

Sunday School June 29th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Ed Jun 29. 5 Replies

Sunday School June 22th 2014

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer. Last reply by Belle Rose Jun 23. 10 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 13 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service