Hello everyone, I'm new to the group and would like to make an introduction by way of bringing some information to you all.

A lot is happening in the upstate at the moment. I am a member of the Greenville Non-theists group in town and just officially joined the Upstate SC Secular Humanists. These groups, among others, have had an upswing in interest in becoming more active within the community. We are laying the groundwork for starting a Coalition of Reason site with the eventual goal of having billboards, charities to local organizations and the possibility of a regional convention. The SSA chapters of Furman, Clemson, and Presbyterian College have also tossed their names into the hat. Contact information below.

I've begun preliminary work on creating a SSA chapter for my school, Greenville Technical College. I am interested in learning if any of you are or know students at GTC that would be ready to make a positive voice in the community. If so, please contact me.

Also, in mid November, a regional conference is going to be held near my hometown for the secular community. Please check it out.

Much is changing in the south, and I'm really glad to see a group for us here already. I hope all of you are well. Thank you for your time :)

Alex

Links:

Upstate Secular Humanists

Greenville Non-Theists

Carolinas Secular Conference

Greenville Tech Freethought Organization (GTFO) my group :) future SSA affiliate?

Views: 262

Replies to This Discussion

Don't forget Tri-County Technical College.....I will graduate this fall with a degree in Criminal Justice....They only have Christian groups......

RSS

Discussion Forum

Upstate SC on the move!

Started by Alex Zygmunt. Last reply by Katie Mac - Upstate Atheists May 26, 2013. 2 Replies

HOG- Animal Rescue Weekends!

Started by Scarlette Blues. Last reply by Scarlette Blues Jun 14, 2011. 6 Replies

Time's a-wastin!

Started by Mike Rosier. Last reply by Scarlette Blues May 15, 2011. 2 Replies

Name for our group

Started by Scarlette Blues. Last reply by scLovely Jun 2, 2011. 15 Replies

SC Atheists Meet-up @ Riverbanks Zoo

Started by Scarlette Blues. Last reply by scLovely Apr 5, 2011. 3 Replies

© 2017   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service