http://www.myhappycrazylife.com/images/cat-mouse.jpg

Is it true that a girl is supposed to act like she isn't that interested so that a guy will remain interested? Does this cat and mouse game still work?

Views: 1763

Replies to This Discussion

I did NOT need a visual of you on a stripper pole, batting your eyelashes, Arch. 

NEED.....MORE.....COFFEE....

Archaeopterxeses don't have eyelashes, thank you very much! I'm sure you'd prefer a visual of me on a rotisserie skewer --

Is that what she's calling herself now?

Generally speaking, when I say to take the question down to its most basic and essential form, I'm not trying to be precise. What "acting" entails is whatever you do, that's all it is. 

Thanks Belle:)

I don't mind the pursuit. I rather enjoy it, in fact. However, if a woman conveys to me that she isn't interested, then I will pursue no further.

Cinderella went to the ball and Rapunzel put forth her hair. No, they did not pursue, but they did show interest. I don't mind at all, making the first move. But before I do, I need to know that the woman is available, receptive, and attracted. Otherwise I see the whole bar/club scene (which I dislike btw) as a craps shoot. I would be better off just sending out mass mailings calling out to every woman in a specific area code.

I don't just approach any woman either. I have to have a reason, aside from attraction, to start a conversation. If I'm at the library, and I see a woman reading "How to catch your man cheating", that tells me that she's in an unhealthy relationship, has trust issues, is needy or just picked up a book that she thinks will bring attention. On the other hand, if she's reading "And Thus Spoke Zarathustra", I'll know I have a woman standing in front of me who is happy with her life, seeks knowledge above acceptance, can think in the abstract and can find joy where there is no other personal benefit.

The latter I would most likely approach, asking something along the lines of "Did you know he was out of his mind, bat shit crazy when he wrote that book?" Or, "did you know that book and been banned, quartered, and hidden from people in several different volumes, and we're still not sure that we have all of it?" Maybe something like "300 years ago, reading that kind of smut would have you executed!" and I would then continue to some witty recitation regarding insanity and it's beauty.

The point of that small example was to put light on how approachable women make themselves. In conclusion, I'm simply stating that if a woman wants to be pursued, I'm down! But be receptive. A woman who puts off txt replies or ignores phone calls, is far from receptive and would put me off entirely.

In another light, I want to feel like she's the only other person in the world. I want to feel like I'm the only other, in her world. What happened to singing in the rain? These days, I would be locked up. She has to let me know that not only does she want to be chased, but chased by ME. If you like a guy, pick up when he calls! Even a cuddle fish falls off the hunt if he thinks the prize isn't worth while.

I really do like the chase. But I refuse to chase something I either know I won't catch, or doesn't want to be caught. It's hard to be the cat, but it's no easier being the mouse. To be chased properly, you must run properly. You run too much, you loose that cat. You don't run enough, you don't get the chase you desire. There's a balance, and I think women try to tip it in their favor. I could write about this for ages, so I'll cut it off now and wait for any possible replies.

If I'm at the library, and I see a woman reading, How to Get Laid Tonight, I'm all over that like ugly on a warthog!

Arch. let's be honest. You would fuck anything that moves. LOL!!!

Are you sure it has to move, Belle?

Are you sure it has to move, Belle?

It just has to resemble the looks of a hole somewhere LOL!!!!

Aw you guys! You only saying that because it's true --

To be chased properly, you must run properly. You run too much, you loose that cat. You don't run enough, you don't get the chase you desire.

Except women aren't taught to be the cat. They're groomed to think they're a kitten waiting inside the cardboard box. They sit there and mew and look pretty until someone comes to pick them up. To pick them above the rest...If they act like the CAT they will be told they are too aggressive, a nuisance, a handful, not cute enough, not good enough so they are afraid they'll never get out of the damn cardboard box. (Hope I'm not offending any of the ladies here....you know me and my analogies can bite me in the ass!!!!)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Discussion Forum

enjoy lots of girls or love one girl?

Started by Hassan Ghanem. Last reply by Lewal Feb 17. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

Seeing the man in the child.

Posted by Diane on April 19, 2014 at 9:52am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon