I currently have a f-w-b type situation.
She's in the Navy and am not up to the emotional drama she tends to bring.
She's fun sexually and to grab pizza with...talking with her is great sometimes.
I'm not actually looking for a relationship at the moment though; also, women my age tend to claim all sorts of weird things that typically result in a break-up with me; for example, my last girlfriend went from heterosexual to lesbian to bisexual to heterosexual to pansexual.. I don't know if I had a part in that or what the deal was. Also, everyone swears to be bisexual in my dorm.
And most older women I encounter lie..LOTS about BIG things. The last older woman I was actually in a relationship was married! :( She was so convincing, or I was so stupid.
* Still searching for your soul mate? - I don't think of a soul mate in the same way a religious person does, I just think of one as the person who, while not perfect, is perfect for me.
* Afraid to get too close? - I've been burned multiple times in relationships, romantic as well as friendly, so I suppose it does make me keep people at a certain distance.
* Can't find an atheist mate? - I've been Atheist since shortly before my 11th birthday... I've only known a few Atheists in person and every guy I've had a relationship with has been catholic/christian/etc. Obviously, I'm not against being with someone who doesn't share my lack of religion, but I'd really like to find someone who shares my "beliefs".
* Too shy and introverted? - Eh, yea, I suppose I have to admit that I am... lol
* Hate the bar scene, but don't know where to meet up with someone? - I generally only go to bars/clubs to see my comedian friends perform, and listen to my DJ friends spin. (It's cool when you know the DJ... your songs get played!) I don't go looking for guys because I'm not a big drinker..and *most* guys at bars...are.
* Don't know why I'm still single, I'm a great catch.... - Overall, I'm going to go with this statement... because in my opinion, it's true! I'm pretty darn adorable if I do say so myself! :)
I'm not afraid to get too close. I just don't want too. The girl will have to give me that feeling of every time I see her I feel like a train hit me. My 'type' of girl is one that is at or below 5ft6in , slender or a little bit of body fat (can actually be quite sexy if there's a little bit of curves) and has that 'angelic' look to her. Sweet smile with a round'ish face - Little shy, playful, quirky, affectionate and a 'girly girl' and must be artistic. Also can be spiritual but no no no on being a Christian. That is a perfect match for me. I have met a few like that before and just lock up and can't act normal and coherent lol - Any other girl that is fun and cute but doesn't match that exact picture I can approach and be very personable around.
So right now I'm on Match.com searching for an agnostic or Atheist girl that matches that description , and for other girls that I find cute and feel like I could have a good friend / companion / mate with. I am not looking for a long term relationship at this time but also not one night stands. I had a very close friend in college who would spend the night with me and we would cuddle and hook up and that was perfect for me. We never developed strong feelings for each other and that was just fine with me. I adore her to death though. Too bad she went back to Poland : (
So I guess I would be 'playing the field' until and if I ever find that 'train'.
Well only been single for a couple of days now, my now ex is with someone else and thats probably enough explanation for people to figure out what happened..
I suppose in the past though and probably the future unfortunately i have been a bit shy and not really into the bar/club scene and have never really had to approach someone (as I've met my ex's through friends/family) so I'm not really sure of what to do.
Busy life and career, no time to date?
Busy but still we have ample time to share… and discuss
I think this is generally true, but it isn't just our selves. I sometimes want to rant about this like some kind of nut, but I do have to say; our society does not seem to have a lot of social inclusion. I think some kind of majority of people are lonely, and it is increasing. I think so...
Entirely possible my singleness is around getting too close (being seriously burned -scorched more like it - probably doesn't help - problem is she won't go away - and I'm not sure I want her to *swears*) - no matter - at the moment I'm doing my Masters and completing a French major so I love life. I'm also an introvert (bass player - kinda goes with the territory lol :D)
WOW! I'm so excited I found this group. :)
I guess I'm single because I find it difficult to talk to people I've just met. I do not enjoy small talk at all and that is all that really takes place when I meet people, or maybe that's as far as I get before I lose interest and walk away.
Anyway, I'm glad there are people here to whom I can relate.