General Introductions: So, Why Are YOU Single?

Let's get personal...

* Still searching for your soul mate?

* Have you lost in love and still tending your wounds?

* Busy life and career, no time to date?

* Broke and lonely too?

* Afraid to get too close?

* Can't find an atheist mate?

* Too shy and introverted?

* Hate the bar scene, but don't know where to meet up with someone?

* 'Been there, done that',  just what a friend/companion?

* Enjoy 'playing the field' and don't want to settle down?

* I'm too stupid, ugly, and insensitive, so nobody likes me?

* Too picky?

* Don't know why I'm still single, I'm a great catch....

* Other....

It's time to introduce yourself. There is nothing wrong with being single, some of my best friends are, and are happily single at that. Just tell your story, we've all got one... Plus, you never know who you might meet right here on T/A for friendship or more?

Views: 3383

Replies to This Discussion

yeah, male Atheists have serious problems finding Atheist women. I dont know why; you`d think women would prefer an Atheist because they treat women far better then christians or muslims, on average....

Yeah not likely unfortunately. Its a good thing you aren't that eager. But maybe you should consider moving to another state? I dunno if I think we should have to move to find each other though. Maybe its better you are there! It needs to be more spread out. Atheists need more representation in the bible belt :)

Am single coz i didn`t find ma soul-mate yet 

I'm single because...uh...hmmm...

Well, I get bored easily.  But that's more an excuse than a reason.

I promised myself that I wasn't going to settle for something that was just okay.  I'm done negotiating.  I want someone to knock my socks off.  I don't believe in soul mates, though.  I'm conflicted, I guess.

Actually, I have a way better response than what I originally wrote.

I'm single because I want to be single.

I'm alone, but I'm not lonely.  I don't need someone else to help me define who I am.

There, that's a little bit better. 

Similar to others I'm single because I have little idea what type I like, I don't really go out of my way looking for someone and I just cannot tell for the life of me if people are interested. I don't think I could date a theist. I do tend to be more attracted to someone's personality than their appearance, but due to my introverted personality l don't tend to meet new people and get to know them well enough to tell how l feel about them. I usually consider myself to be borderline asexual, but I do get lonely and feel that sometimes a boy-or girl-friend wouldn't be a bad thing to have. But it always leaves a big question of am l actually physically attracted to them or not, and I would feel bad for someone if I'm leading them into a one-sided relationship in that sense. 

Perhaps something a bit strange, I find it much easier to be attracted to a fictional character, whether in a book, movie/tv or anime, it doesn't matter. Probably because in the plot they usually try to develop the main character's personality for the audience. But that doesn't really help in finding a relationship in the real world. 

I`m single because I`m fat, old, ugly, stoned, and on disability with no money.

Those are okay reasons. You do have dry humor though and that will get you far. :) 

Hello I'm Isabel. I just joined this site today and this group caught my eye.

I would say that I am single for a few reasons:

1. I have moved around A LOT and haven't stayed in one place long enough to form a good relationship. Until recently.

2. I am wanting to work on myself. I want to be the best person I can be before I decide that I want a romantic relationship. From past experiences, I know that doing this will prevent heartache..

3. I guess I have a better idea of what I am looking for in someone. I don't believe I am picky. But I have better standards. In my town, there doesn't seem to be a lot of people I can connect with.

I am single because although I meet a lot of interesting people and I am amazingly deceptively social for a natural introvert, I have not met anyone who fits me. In my 20s and 30s I enjoyed indulging my curiosities with tantalizing prospects who of course were all religious and all theists in some form to some degree, whether they practiced consciously or not.....and I was not. I had tried to be open-minded about it to be fair and kind, but religion and theism in a man just became a huge turnoff for me for any intimate relationship beyond friendship. It has been a long time since I met anyone who gets me where I truly live, someone I can truly relate to mentally on a level that would spark my romantic interest. It is already difficult to meet intelligent, mentally and emotionally healthy men.....with their lives in decent order...and who enjoy an intelligent, independent, highly abstract woman....are hard enough to find without throwing in the grand limitation that effectively rules out most of the population (the religious and theistic need not apply). . Apparently, the man that would fit me is Agent Reid's needle somewhere in a stack of haystacks. Hell yes, I have become picky because I got tired of settling. I don't want to be in an intimate relationship with someone whose values and philosophies and whole basis of love and life are incompatible with mine. I find myself wondering if I will ever meet someone I will LOVE so deeply and personally in a very attached way instead of just loving them in a caring but detached way just because they exist and are connected to me and I am grateful for their existence in the world with me.

Sigh. Egads! Well, it's better to be single and relatively happy in your day-to-day life than to be miserably tied to someone who doesn't fit you and a situation you don't belong in and knew you didn't. You have stop  being involved in what you don't want to free yourself up for what you DO want. Everything in life is a tradeoff.

Happy Adventures!

Im stuck in an area filled with bible thumpers. After spliting up with my daughters mother, who was a whitness, I have an extremley difficult time connecting with religious women. There also tends to be a lack of intellectual women near me.
Maybe you're looking in all the wrong places.

RSS

Discussion Forum

enjoy lots of girls or love one girl?

Started by Hassan Ghanem. Last reply by Unseen Sep 22, 2015. 51 Replies

Dating Christians and Other Religious People

Started by Ashley Johnson. Last reply by James Johnson Nov 11, 2013. 33 Replies

I don't understand

Started by Philip Jackson Armstrong. Last reply by Jack Matthews Feb 2, 2012. 6 Replies

How to Meet, Date, and Woo Atheist Women

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Lydia Hickman Mar 24, 2013. 11 Replies

© 2018   Created by Rebel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service