I'm working on 'The New Atheist' right now and am contemplating what I should read next. I'm not sure if another book would be best, or maybe cut back to a magazine subscription for a bit. Here's the options I'm considering:

1). Book by Michael Shermer.
2). Book by Neil Tyson.
3). Subscription to 'American Atheist' magazine.
4). Subscription to 'Sceptic' magazine.
5) Subscription to 'Discover' magazine.

OK, so who has any of these subscriptions and likes them. Membership in AA sounds like a good idea, but I worry if the magazine has much more news than a larger newsletter.
If none of the subscriptions, which books would my freinds hear at TA recomend? :)

Tags: Atheist, book, magazine, read, sceptic

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I never could get into my CFI or Humanist magazines. Most of that material I can get faster and better on various blogs.

I vote book. You can't go wrong with Neil deGrasse Tyson.
Thanks, I was leaning toward the books as well. My main concern with the magazines is the fact that I will probably end up reading 90% of the stories on here or elsewhere online before they even go to print.
If you haven't read Carl Sagan's The Demon-Haunted World, I highly recommend it. Not exactly atheistic per se, but definitely pro-science and pro-rationalism.
Oh yes. I've read The Demon-Haunted World, and consider it a must read for anyone.
Good! I just read it last month so I'm all excited and wanting to recommend to every single person I see, lol! :D

In all seriousness, I really do wish that Sagan's writings were included in public high school curriculum.
In all seriousness, I really do wish that Sagan's writings were included in public high school curriculum.

They should be. And a statistics class and drivers ed , too.

RSS

Discussion Forum

What to Read

Started by Jason Lamar Sorensen. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck Aug 6. 19 Replies

Atheism and fiction

Started by Davis Goodman. Last reply by Davis Goodman Feb 23. 5 Replies

Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire)

Started by Ryan E. Hoffman. Last reply by Casey Mc Jan 6, 2013. 6 Replies

Blog Posts

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service