The magic of Thinking Big
"The Magic of Thinking Big" is a title of a book by Dr. David J. Schwartz
that fmd dozens of hardheaded, practical ideas, techniques, and principles that will' enable you to harness the tremendous power of thinking big, so as yourself the success, happiness, and satisfaction you want so much.
MANAGE YOUR ENVIRONMENT
Here are a few simple "do's" to help make your social environment first class:
1. Do circulate in new groups. Restricting your social environment
to the same small group produces boredom, dullness,
dissatisfaction; equally important, remember that your
success-building program requires that you become an
expert in understanding people. Trying to learn all there is
to know about people by studying one small group is like
trying to master mathematics by reading one short book.
Make new friends, join new organizations, enlarge your
social orbit. Then too, variety in people, like variety in anything
else, adds spice to life and gives it a broader dimension.
It's good mind food.
2. Do select friends who have views different from your own.
In this modern age, the narrow individual hasn't much
future. Responsibility and positions of importance gravitate
to the person who is able to see both sides. If you're
a Republican, make sure you have some friends who are
Democrats, and vice versa. Get to know people of different
religious faiths. Associate with opposites. But just be sure
they are persons with real potential.
3. Do select friends who stand above petty, unimportant
things. Folks who are more concerned with the square footage
of your home or the appliances you have or don't have
than with your ideas and your conversation are inclined
to be petty. Guard your psychological environment. Select
friends who are interested in positive things, friends who
really do want to see you succeed. Find friends who breathe
encouragement into your plans and ideals.
MAKE YOUR ENVIRONMENT MAKE YOU
1. Be environment-conscious. Just as body diet ,makes the
body, mind diet makes the mind.
2. Make your environment work for you, not against you.
Don't let suppressive forces-the negative, you-can't-do-it
people-make you think defeat.
3. Don't let small-thinking people hold you back. Jealous
people want to see you stumble. Don't give them that satisfaction.
4. Get your advice from successful people. Your future is
important. Never risk it with freelance advisors who are
5. Get plenty of psychological sunshine. Circulate in new
groups. Discover new and stimulating things to do.
6. Throw thought poison out of your environment. Avoid
gossip. Talk about people, but stay on the positive side.
7. Go fIrst class in everything you do. You can't afford to go
any other way.
*[ from the book,The Magic of Thinking Big. Dr. David J. Schwartz ]*