Hello again everyone,

For those of you that were interested or recently started The Greatest Show on Earth, by Richard Dawkins, I figured we would start a discussion on it. Any one that wants to join in and start the read is more than welcome, as well as those who have already read it. (I'm sure Nelson will have some insight for us!)

Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone!

-Jason!

Tags: Atheist, Dawkins, Earth., Greatest, Reading, Richard, Show, The, on

Views: 109

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

"Irrationality usually trumps reason." This is a very sad reality. I'm fresh out of Christianity (literally about three weeks), and that's exactly where I was, trumping reason with my 'irrationality in the hole.' I must say that I was somewhat skeptical of religion most of my life. But I was quick to believe what a pastor told me was true because they were articulate and scholarly and must know what they're talking about.  Right?  NO!  I'm so glad to have finally woken from my 'jesus zombie' state and think for myself.  After researching evolution and approaching it with a real open mind (previous times I've approached evolution with an 'open mind,' but my mind was not truly 'open,' I simply was not thinking rationally.  I was in the brainwashed mode of only looking for information that 'proved' god exists.  Which I found.  On sites like firstbaptistchurch.org, or seethelight.com.  The information is all a lie and is not credible.  Period.

I must read this book though, it will be on my list to read, and will be read very soon.

Thanks guys!

Hi guys! Hello and sorry to have disappeared before the discussion started. My schedule was overwhelming. Looking forward to catching up on reading both the book and the discussion here.

RSS

Discussion Forum

"Cli-fi"

Started by Don Aug 31. 0 Replies

What to Read

Started by Jason Lamar Sorensen. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck Aug 6. 19 Replies

Atheism and fiction

Started by Davis Goodman. Last reply by Davis Goodman Feb 23. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 2 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service