Hi all! I know you have been waiting on pins and needles for this moment, so here it is...

the first book...

winner by one point...

is...

The God Delusion, by Richard Dawkins!

I dunno exactly how to split this up. I know no matter how I do it, it will be too much for some and not enough for another...so I'm gonna go by chapter. Please give me some feedback on the amounts if you'd like.

The first section for discussion will be the Preface and Chapter 1, which will open next Sunday.

I can't wait to see how this all plays out!!

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

Cool!!! Im going to get the ebook
Sounds good. I have a good idea on how to promote the book club even more :) Ill PM you about it.
Just started to re-read The God Delusion this morning, before I read this post.
The God Delusion is a good book, I've already read it, but look forward to reading it again and discuss it.

I've had a look at the content and there are bout 400 words/page. Wikipedia says the average American can read 250-300 words/minute.
There seems to be a connection between pairs of two chapters (have a look at their names) and I think it would make more sense to read them as such. Two chapters means about 70 pages read = 93-110 minutes of reading time for the average American adult. I would think that up to two hours of reading is a reasonable effort. The whole book would take about 10 hours.

I'm unsure what your position is on torrent copies so I won't be posting a direct link. Search Isohunt.com for a pdf copy if you're interested; it took me 6 seconds to download.

--Vlad
http://atheistblog.org
Awesome, I'll have to pull it out and start re-reading. :)
Sounds like a plan. I have also already read this book, but I very much enjoyed it and certainly don't mind rereading it. I look forward to discussing it with everyone :)
Looking forward to it :) Read it in Cuba last year, it will bring back good memories of the beach.
Hey just wanted to add that if you don't torrent, I have a pdf of the book as well. If you want it, let me know and we'll find a way to get it to you.

Vlad, I see where you are coming from totally, but I also had some members comment that they were worried they wouldn't be able to keep up with how much else they had going on. I personally will need to try hard to squeeze in extra reading between classes, work, and studying. Let's see how the first week goes, and if people think they can handle more, we'll up the chapters.
I'd be interested in the pdf, if possible. I don't know how big the file size is, but my email is pamantha@NOSPAMgmail.com (without the NOSPAM part, of course) if it can go through that way.
I did. Thanks a bunch! :-)
Can you help me out too Nelson? I have been trying to download what you have posted but its just not working for me. My email is mrstarks33@gmail.com
Ok, sounds good! My sister is reading mine so I'll have to go get it from her :)
I think this is a good place to start with the book club.

RSS

Discussion Forum

"Cli-fi"

Started by Don Aug 31. 0 Replies

What to Read

Started by Jason Lamar Sorensen. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck Aug 6. 19 Replies

Atheism and fiction

Started by Davis Goodman. Last reply by Davis Goodman Feb 23. 5 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service