Anybody currently playing Pathfinder? If you played 3.5, it's very similar. Basically, it was written by a bunch of folks who didn't want to see the 3.5 D&D system end up in the trash heap after 4th edition was released. They've tweaked it and introduced a new campaign setting. There's also an organized play system called Pathfinder Society.

More info here.

The thing I like about Paizo, the publisher of Pathfinder, is that you can pay about 20% of the cover price and get a PDF version of the book. Compared to the fixed $25 and up prices on the Wizards of the Coast materials, a $10 PDF of the core rulebook (over 500 pages, BTW) is much more in my price range.

Tags: 3.5, 4th Edition, D&D, PDF, Paizo, Pathfinder, Society, Wizards of the Coast, dragons, dungeons, More…gaming, roleplaying

Views: 167

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I've been playing Pathfinder for about a year and a half now.  It's pretty cool, much better than 4th ed.

Wow! You're way ahead of me. I just got back into RPGs, so I started with 4e, and now I'm getting more and more into Pathfinder. It reminds me more of the old Classic and 1e D&D that I played in Jr. High School.

What campaigns have you played?

I make up my own adventures.  I've been GMing for about 20 years now so I'm pretty good at ad-libing. 

My friends have started getting into the new rule books that have been coming out, Ultimate Magic and Ultimate Combat and stuff.  It's pretty cool some of the new classes.

I recently picked up Ultimate Magic, because I'm playing a cleric of Iomedae and I needed some background info. The Gods and Magic (of Golarion) is pretty neat too. I'll pick up Ultimate Combat eventually, because I'm also playing a rogue in Society play.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game a.k.a. D&D 3.75

Started by The Big Blue Frog. Last reply by The Big Blue Frog Oct 4, 2011. 4 Replies

The Big List of RPG Plots by S. John Ross.

Started by The Big Blue Frog Jul 8, 2011. 0 Replies

Names for Games

Started by The Big Blue Frog Jul 8, 2011. 0 Replies

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service