I very recently read books by Charles Murray and Ron Paul and really loved them, but also found them to be a little too elementary. Anyone have any more suggestions?

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

33 Questions About American History You're Not Supposed to Ask by Thomas E. Woods, Jr. was pretty interesting-that you might like. It thoroughly debunks public school myths people learned and still learn (I'm not in full agreement with all of his views, but still). 

With regards to not being in full agreement with with all of his views; I don't think its possible to agree with someone on everything, and life would be boring without this mental diversity.  Also, now I'm going to have to read this book.  

More to the subject of the original poster, I can probably suggest things that are only equally as elementary, like watching youtube videos by Penn from Penn & Teller.  I think he is the one person I agree with on most issues.  He has a good way of explaining things, usually using profanity.  If you want something more serious though, try reading some Locke!  That's how I got started.  Some of Lockes shorter works were required reading in one of my classes where my history professor was a closet libertarian.  Of course, after I read a few works I was addicted to libertarianism, being the only political party that I was exposed to that made any sense at all.

RSS

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 1 Comment

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 3 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service