We are heathens of a very high standard!

We don't bow our heads in prayer..

WE RAISE OUR GLASSES IN THANKS! 

So show me a little of your gratitude with attitude, ladies and gentlemen. 

Humbly submit your best toasts here! 

Tags: cheers, glass, one-liners, raise, toasts, your

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

Here's to you: Mr. Chanting Native American Guy. From Enigma to Metalica to Sting, you've made your voice heard in the most random songs of the last twenty years. I raise my glass to you and salute you. Keep doing what you do, sir. Keep doing what you do...

This was penned after a surprise Enigma song somehow made it through my cringe filter on Slacker Radio. 

I did quite shamelessly have those "Here's To You" Bud Lite commercials * in mind at the time, though it was just the general concept, not set to tune.

I believe that toasts are the poetry of our current life. They are traditionally and historically present in all major events since recorded time, and are unto themselves a reflection of the very present they are recited within. Passed down and changed, each one tells a story of society at large during a very specific sliver of history.

You can judge a culture by the quality of it's toast.

It is probably one of the first rituals that predate religion. 

Mankind's first meme, 

*http://thefuntimesguide.com/2004/10/bud_light_real.php

Cheers to the guy that takes a hundred dollar bill into a bank to get 100 $1's and then scratch out the word "god" on all of them.

RSS

Discussion Forum

What kind of brew do you do?

Started by Heather Spoonheim. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! Jul 11, 2011. 5 Replies

..And now, let us give thanks.

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Andrew W May 9, 2011. 2 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 24 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service