Wow, I can't believe it's already late spring and this place is dead! 

C'mon, folks! 

Let's get dirty!

Right, so someone was asking about Florida pest control. 

Rabbits, aphids, caterpillars and gators, oh my! 

(I actually made up the gators part. If that's your garden pest, you might want to look at planting on higher ground!) 

So what's your trick?

Mine is an arsenal of garlic-hot pepper spray, thoughtful garden lay-out and a balanced ecology. 

I've got slugs around here, so of course I have ducks! The chickens take care of most everything else, and the Doberman scares off the furry food-stealing bastards. 

What do you do and how do you do it? 

Tags: garden, pests

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

...what...in...the...sweet....fuck?!?!

That's like something out of a horror film. 

And poor Holo...you live in Guantanamo! I've...honestly never heard of such a thing. Two electrified fences? Are you gardening or at war?!?!

I'm all over here like, "Um, my poultry eat the bugs and my dog scares off the bigger-than-bugs."

Goodness. I didn't know some of my fellow gardeners were under siege.

Um, yeah.. sorry mate. I don't know what else to tell you except for "Throw a chicken at it." 

I've got a cat that lives in my bathroom and office. She eats all the indoor bugs. We sometimes have a stray stink beetle or two, but nothing Eleanor can't handle. I'm... completely at a loss. 

...and also going to have nightmares now. 

Bwahaha.
The cat doesn't really EAT them. Just kills em.
awww...a dingo ate her baby!
Great advice.
I put my bike down on the side late at night in rural Nevada, once.
I was pinned for all of about three minutes until I heard coyotes calling to each other waaaay too close for comfort.
I didn't think I could lift that thing, but it's amazing what a whole lot of adrenaline can do.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Garlic Heads -Garlic Planting

Started by Ed. Last reply by Holo Gram May 27, 2013. 14 Replies

Dusting this group off and discussing pests!

Started by Misty: Baytheist Living!. Last reply by Misty: Baytheist Living! May 26, 2013. 7 Replies

Open pollinated Seed

Started by Ed Oct 22, 2011. 0 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 6 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service