Ladies,

I don't know much about this topic so I'm going to ask it out loud. WHY do we have to wear bras? No, really. Is it just for show or is there some compelling reason why we must? Sometimes I find that I'm much more comfortable without one. I always tend to take mine off after I get home from work and I've tried all the brands to find the "best fit" and I always end up going to some high end seamstress that makes them custom because the store bought options are NOT comfortable IMO.

For any of you ladies who may live in a country where it's NOT necessary to wear a bra I would LOVE to hear your thoughts and insights.

Am I alone in feeling like it's yet another cultural ball and chain we have to lug around with us?

Anyone really really LIKE wearing bras?

MEN: You are welcome to participate in this discussion, all I ask is that you have some class. Thanks!

Views: 887

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "The question should be why should anyone strive to look younger than they are to be attractive?" - because in some cultures, age is revered, in this culture at least, age is penalized.

And the question should be why is that?

I think age gets a lot some respect until you're written off as over the hill (as your knowledge is out of date), but in the world of sex and reproduction it is the female biological clock that dictates. I'm not sure that is different anywhere, see child brides and women on the scrap heap if they are not married by a certain age. Do you have any counter examples?

Well, if I don't wear a bra, my ladies are bouncing all over the place, and they could hurt somebody! Also, yeah, my nipples are hard pretty much all the time, and I don't like it to be obvious.

Boy does this take me back to the 1960's when feminists felt a duty to discard or even burn their bras as a symbol of male or social oppression of women. (BTW, most men would prefer to see braless breasts, so don't lay that one at our door!)

By the 1970's women were wearing bras again, having apparently forgotten their symbolic value.

I anticipate you'll get some very practical reasons for wearing a bra ranging from corralling pendulous boobs to making a relatively unendowed girl appear to gathering up whatever she has into a shape that is more visible.

Women have a relationship to their breasts that is unlike any relationship men have to any part of their bodies. Men are very sensitive about their penises, but breasts are out there for all to assess in a way that penises are not.

Unseen, you may be surprised to find out that there were no bra burnings. Here is the post on Snopes.

According to feminist accounts that I have read, the protesters were denied a permit for a fire. The msm ran with the more sensational idea of the bra burning having actually taken place and the rest is history.

I don't know where Snopes gets his information, but I've seen photos of women throwing bras into burning barrels, from decades before PhotoShop or CGI - that didn't "imprint on the mind," as Snope suggests, it imprinted on my retinas.

I like wearing bras. I even sleep in mine... which I probably shouldn't. I have small boobs, too... but I just feel more secure/contained in a bra. I don't wear loose-fitting clothes if I can help it in general. Maybe I like the feeling of being "swaddled"haha. I don't feel forced to wear one... however... I do feel uncomfortable being without a bra in public because I don't like being ogled. Boobies not in bras are distracting to everyone, myself included. I suppose if we were used to seeing them, their bobbing & weaving underneath our shirts would fail to draw attention. As it is, braless boobies are somewhat of a novelty, and everyone stares. I don't like being stared at.

I wear a bra but don't sleep with it on as it becomes uncofortable. My daughter sleeps with her bra on and feels uncomfortalbe if she is not wearing one. I think it is up to the person what they like or don't like

I've never heard of the practice of sleeping in a bra. Meh, to each their own.

It's not a "practice" as much as inactivity. I don't take my panties off before I crawl in bed, either. They're under my clothes and I just don't think about it. It's not uncomfortable so I don't bother.

I'm really more interested in the people who don't wear underpants.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Do you let your guy cum inside you?

Started by Sophie. Last reply by James Cox Aug 28, 2013. 89 Replies

Domestic Violence Solutions...

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck May 12, 2013. 45 Replies

WHY must we wear a bra?

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by RockyShukura Apr 24, 2013. 57 Replies

Grow a Vagina!

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Simon Paynton Mar 27, 2013. 24 Replies

Female and Atheist

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Belle Rose Mar 19, 2013. 87 Replies

Blog Posts

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 1 Comment

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service