FORTY-THREE minutes into his “special live edition” with Charlie Sheen on Monday night, Piers Morgan finally got around to asking his guest a real question. Before that, Mr. Morgan and Mr. Sheen had mostly traded chuckles and anecdotes about multiday benders, inflated network salaries and meet-ups in Aspen, Colo. But then, after three commercial breaks, Mr. Morgan inquired, “Have you ever hit a woman?”

Two minutes later, with Mr. Morgan apparently satisfied with the actor’s answer that no, women should be “hugged and caressed,” that line of questioning was over.

That Mr. Morgan didn’t press the issue of domestic violence shouldn’t have come as any surprise. CBS executives, not to mention the millions of viewers of his “family” sitcom “Two and a Half Men,” have consistently turned a blind eye toward Mr. Sheen’s history of abusing women. Part of this, of course, is about money. The actor’s F-18 of an id — to borrow a metaphor from Mr. Sheen himself — had long provided the show a steady stream of free publicity. It also helped make Mr. Sheen the highest-paid actor on television, at $1.2 million an episode.

Read entire article here.

Tags: abuse, domestic, women

Views: 61

Replies to This Discussion

I never liked him to begin with. I don't know why everyone likes him so much; I don't find him charming at all. He seems like an asshole to me, and it doesn't surprise me he's abusive. It disgusts me that he has such a following. Where was he booed off the stage? I would love to see that.

Three cheers for those that Booed Sheen off of the stage. But, in the next breath I have to say shame on them for paying for a ticket to attend the blubbering idiot speak in the first place. What did they expect to hear from him? More "tiger's blood" I suppose. 

I'm proud to say I have never seen an episode of Two and a Half Men. Not that I'm shap enough to have known how much of a F-ing idiot he is so I guess I'm just lucky.

P.S.

Lee always love your comments.

Charlie Sheen is going insane, literally. It could be the drugs or his acting life or a little bit of both but he is crazy. I watched his interview on the Today Show. They did a drug test on him and surprisingly, he passed.

And yes, he is an asshole. I've seen a few movies of his but I have never, and will never, watch "Two & a half Men." I don't understand how he is the highest paid t.v actor. Over a million per episode? His acting skills aren't even that great...

Violence is not the answer.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Do you let your guy cum inside you?

Started by Sophie. Last reply by James Cox Aug 28, 2013. 89 Replies

Domestic Violence Solutions...

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck May 12, 2013. 45 Replies

WHY must we wear a bra?

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by RockyShukura Apr 24, 2013. 57 Replies

Grow a Vagina!

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Simon Paynton Mar 27, 2013. 24 Replies

Female and Atheist

Started by Belle Rose. Last reply by Belle Rose Mar 19, 2013. 87 Replies

Blog Posts

What do you do with the anger?

Posted by dataguy on September 20, 2014 at 5:12pm 3 Comments

Aftermath

Posted by Belle Rose on September 20, 2014 at 2:42am 5 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service