i was reading a blog post written by Ericka M. Johnson is reply to a call for atheists all over the world to give some attention to Islam "Dear atheist, we ex-Muslims are waiting for you"

She has summarized why Islam is a consummation of all the worst that religion has to offer:

• Cult-like isolation from other world views means generation after generation is born into ignorance.
  • Circumcision of boys and girls because healthy children aren’t born perfect; they must have a knife taken to their genitals.
  • Leaving the faith means death. Apostasy is considered one of the worst crimes.
  • Treating women as sub-human pieces of property that must be beaten into obedience means at least half the population is silenced before they can speak.
  • Personalized angel duo watches you at every moment, keeping a tally of all the good and bad you do so that you can be judged when you die.
  • Reward of heaven is used as an incentive to kill and maim innocent people.
  • Unyielding dogma leaves no room for thoughtful criticism nor humor.
  • Islam means Submission. They want to be slaves to their god; it’s right there in the name.

it was very well written and thought i might share it here.

However i don't agree that we should be waiting for atheist from all over the world to fight our war while we wait and see .. i think we have more responsibilities as we know more of that religion and know the mentality deriving it .. we know exactly where it hurts.

it's our responsibility to speak out, criticize and question that religion.

Views: 817

Replies to This Discussion

That's what I think too!

It was about sharia' law. They showed photos of hands and feet cut of, People having been stoned to death, an eyeball being removed, all for different crimes against sharia' law.

I believe, Jared, that the videos you mentiion might be at the author's blogsite, http://www.the-koran.blogspot.com/

<iframe width="475" height="267" src="http://www.liveleak.com/ll_embed?f=739f60bead61" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's try this:

Sorry, Jared - the damned thing won't embed, I've tried everything I know how to do!

Go to the site I suggested: http://www.the-koran.blogspot.com/

So that's the situation: atheist morality turns out to be essentially the same as the religious one, except a lot clearer and simpler.  This shouldn't be surprising.  I think it's a good thing from the point of view of joining forces and working together.  

I needed to let you know what is in the pipeline, so you can have a think about the issues involved.  I'm still not sure who I'm going to work with, but probably I'll try and find some philosophers in London instead of working through it online.  

I intend to collaborate with some religious people, as this is a necessary part of the process, but as Egyptian atheists you have your own unique and essential perspective so I will be crying out for your input at some point in the future.  

If you want to ask me anything at all, Friend me and we can talk privately. 

I'm surprised you don't collaborate with your soul mate, Kir Komric.

Treating women as sub-human pieces of property that must be beaten into obedience means at least half the population is silenced before they can speak.

This article below will make you really sympathy muslim women... I really pity them! 

No fun in heaven

These women believe in god. They do not take their burqas off even when they swim in the ocean. They love their god and prophet who imprison them in burqas. They are god-fearing women. They fear god, because god may throw them into hell. They desperately want to go to heaven. Not so much fun though in heaven. The same food and wine will be served for an infinite period of time. The same fruits, the same fountains, the same birds forever. The same men who were their husbands on earth will be their husbands in heaven for eternity. If those husbands are promiscuous and abusers, they have no other alternative but to go on loving their husbands. God will provide one piece of husband for each woman and 72 pink virgins including their wife for each man in heaven. After having sex with 72 virgins everyday, husbands may not like to have sex with their non-virgin wife. Sex starved, women may develop melancholic depression. Whatever happens, women have no freedom to fall in love with other guys. If they do, they will be thrown into hell for committing adultery. Women get almost nothing on earth and nothing in heaven. Will women have to wear burqas in heaven too? Heaven is for both men and women, no segregation has been planned. Women will most likely not be allowed to move around freely in heaven without wearing burqas because men will be there. God doesn’t trust men. God fears that men may get sexually aroused if they look at women who are not wrapped up in the burqas. Men-fearing god will really be in trouble. So, women will be forced to cover their entire body from head to toe.

Why are women so eager to go to heaven? What is the heavenly reward they are waiting to receive? It is the same misogynist god who oppress women here and will continue to oppress women there. Are women dumb, masochists or just simply brainwashed by religionists? Why do they worship a women-hating god and his messenger to follow all their nonsense advices and orders? Is it really for the hell called heaven?

http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/2012/10/29/no-fun-in-heaven/

Just so you know this piece sets the terms that there is a heaven or hell.

I think rhetoric like this is not helpful. You must assume that there is a heaven or hell and once the terms are set that there is then those things mentioned are still open to interpretation. 

If we are talking about what gnomes look like then one person's interpretation is as good as another.

Because all their lives, they've been taught to follow orders - it's the Stockholm Syndrome, Hope.

I have seen a video of sheep being herded through an opening between two upright posts. A low, horizontal pole was inserted through holes in the two posts, so that the sheep had to leap over the pole. After part of the herd had passed through, the pole was carefully slid out, so that there was no need for any more sheep to jump. The sheep continued to jump. I strongly suspect that if a woman, reared strictly in Islam, with no idea of how the rest of the world lives, was suddenly removed from her environment and told that she was completely free to live as she wished, she would continue to live a strict, Islamic life - she wouldn't know how to do otherwise.

Yeah. Something I see in a lot of people that were never raised religiously and simply just heard things about it as well. For instance they believe in a deistic god and assume there is a heaven and hell or that god judges people. Where did they get that? It's a hand me down from someone somewhere.

These sheep are jumping and the have never even seen the pole.

I've always been interested in whether or not people bought the god concept before the religion or god w/religion all at once. For me I had bought the god concept first and had just enough self worth to join a charismatic church. (Self worth -1)

RE: "I've always been interested in whether or not people bought the god concept before the religion or god w/religion all at once."

I've always maintained that Early Man, seeing lightening, thunder, rain, the sun and the moon associated with the sky, the one place they couldn't go, was the origin of a supernatural concept.

RSS

Discussion Forum

Weekly Atheist Meetups

Started by Mohamed Zaki. Last reply by Mohamed on Friday. 13 Replies

'Superman is an Arab'

Started by Hope. Last reply by Simon Paynton May 28. 1 Reply

Cosmos in arabic

Started by M. Last reply by archaeopteryx Apr 16. 5 Replies

they are tracking us

Started by M. Last reply by Warren Mar 30. 14 Replies

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service